my first plymouth... 51 cranbrook

screwshiney

juat wanted to introduce myself. i was sent over by some of the guys on the HAMB.

i recently got my first plymouth, a 51 cranbrook. saw it on craigslist and loved it. the car runs and drives however it did have a bent steering arm, no exhaust and lots of floor rot. BUT that's all fixed now. ok enough bs here are some of the current pics.

when i first got it.

2009-11-23111352.jpg

2009-11-23110827.jpg

2009-11-23111409.jpg

2009-11-23111424.jpg

2009-11-23111435.jpg

2009-11-23111439.jpg

2009-11-23111526.jpg

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well if its running and driving and stopping that the best part. Keeping the road dust from migrating through the floor, is a big plus. With all the tin worm activity, I might spend a day checking all the grounds for the lights and other items. Also for the road draft tube to be able to breath the crank case, you need a good breather on the oil fill tube. The Draft tube is the exit for the crank vent system its located under the exhaust manifold at the rear of the block. the breather cap on the oil fill tube it shte fresh air entry.

You might want to post your engine number located on the flat casting pad above the gennerator.

Your radio is basically an AM radio that would have hade a remote control head with cables going to the box. The one in the dash looks like a later replacement. You might want to spend some time looking at the members list for pics of the what the stock dash looked like.

Where are you located, might be some paticipants in your area.

Your car dash looks like it once had a very rare P-23 (1951-2 Plymouth) clock at one time in the dash? Kinda looks like the pot metal clock surround is all that is still mounted in the dash. Otherwise there would have been a plastic Mayflower ship emblem in that rectangular hole.

Bob

Edited by Dodgeb4ya

thanks a bunch guys. and great info greg, it's the most i've gotten so far. i'm actually located in jersey.

my plans for it are pretty simple. i love the patina so i will keep it that way until i get tired of it, then i'll paint it flat blue with some cream colored pinstriping. i was very happy to see that the car ran and stopped so well, and for the $300 i paid i know i stole it :). ha i actually told the guy i was buying it before i even went to look at it b/c i knew it was a steal. only thing was NO TITLE, But i have found one already and should have it this week.

i'm not too concerned with the rust b/c i've got the resources to fix it. after i finish the floor tomorrrow i'll undercoat the whole thing top and bottom, then figure out a carpet or something for it. i still need to work out the dent in the L/R fender and the back pass door but they shouldn't be too bad. i need to figure out how i'm gonna fix the R/R fender though w/o cutting it out and replacing it as the whole mounting lip is gone.

as you can see i've got a little different idea in mind for the interior. i didn't want to do soemthing conventional, yet i wanted something to match the look of the car w/o doing mexican blankets ya know. i'm going to start on the interior this week as i'll be getting the material tomorrow.

as for the wiring, that is going to be the fun part. i've gotten the markers, tail and brake

lights working. but i think i'm just going to rewire everything just fro safe measure. the healights were going me some crap so better to just replace it all.

i was wondering about the radio too. this is the only one i've seen like this, all of the ones i've seen look like dodgeb4ya's. and as for the clock i've been searching around for another one but they are hard to find for a decent price.

thanks again for the kind words.