two many zero's????

moparbenny

Maybe he's just missing a decimal point. Oh....wait.....I see at the end of the ad he did add a comma and a decimal point. It should stay in the family for a lot longer at that price. Maybe another 50 years.

Edited by Reg Evans

It is worth exactly as much as someone is willing to pay.

This is just another one of 'those' guys who believe what they hear and then can never quite get back to reality...."oooohhh baby, you sure look fine in that polyester suit..."

From the 2009 Car Collector Price Guide:

1950 DeLuxe, 6 cyl, 111 inch wb, 2-dr wagon, (no mention of 'Suburban' combined with 2-dr...)

#6 = $640; #5 = $1920; #4 = $3200; #3 = $7200; #2 = $11,200; #1 = $16,000

Edited by wayfarer

and don't froget the #1 is representative of a trailer queen not driven on the highway but trailered from show to show..#3 is a very well maintained daily with the #2 being one taken down and brought back up with lots of attention to detail but is ocassionally street driven..parts cars are up to the value of the #6 if complete...majority of the cars out there are being sold are in the #5 and #4 range...

As mentioned, the 50 Suburban wagon is a rare model to find in decent shape. But........you also see the prices posted for them. No way that car is worth anywhere near $65,000. It would have to be a Woody to bring that kind of money.

That said, you also cannot take book value at face value either. Because that wagon does look to be in decent shape, and a little on the rare side, it's probably only worth around $10,000 or $12,000 tops, and that's only if you find the right buyer.

The guy has been watching too much Barrett-Jackson. That deal for two suburbans for $2500 OBO that Reg posted is almost too low. That is a good deal if you could make a good car out of the two. The one looks quite restorable to me and has the rare split window in the back.

I agree it's way overpriced. Also agree, the craigs list deal, $2500 on a solid original with a parts car is almost to good to be true.

Reg, I confess, I lifted your jar of money but I stopped in Vegas while making my getaway...:(

and sent me the millions he won so it would be outta the country. Too Bad, Reg!:P