So now I'm a book cover model! OT

woodie49

This is a bit of point, but fun.

My wife just had her book "Rock of Morro Bay" published and it released about a month ago. It is a light-hearted mystery set in California's Central Coast. While the book is not centered on cars, one of her characters drives a Woodie.

On the back cover, she did her author's picture in our Woodie (which just happens to be the same as in the book)! I've attached the picture. Those are MY feel sticking out of the back! The start of a whole new career. Fabio, watch your back, Dude!

post-2447-13585352645278_thumb.jpg

Actually, my wife hit the "little time" as this is a small press book so distribution is limited to specialty bookstores that cater to collectors, signings, etc., and to places like Amazon.

She had her first signing a week ago and sold almost 100 books in about two hours. Very successful as signings go. So, she had a great time and I am really excited for her.

New authors are basically self promoted, which means a publisher will not put any money behind them and they will not accept returns because there is too much exposure to slow-moving inventory coming back, so that means none of the chains will stock their books. We have a number of friends who have gone this route. If they can successfully move their first book, then a bigger publisher will pick them up and you can really start the ball rolling.

On the back cover, she did her author's picture in our Woodie (which just happens to be the same as in the book)! I've attached the picture. Those are MY feel sticking out of the back! The start of a whole new career. Fabio, watch your back, Dude!

If it was Fabio his feet would be hidden and the hair showing would be on his head......not his back like a lot of us.:P