carb question

Don Jordan

I am rebuilding my Carter B&B. I've taken it apart and noticed when I took the plug (part 14-37-11) there was no ball inside. Ball (14-37-30). How important is this ball and where do I get one? They don't come in the rebuild kit.

Nothing is ever easy.

I also saw that the air mixture screw which is a needle valve had the head broken off. I took a hacksaw and cut a slot in it so I could adjust it but I guess I would like to replace it. Are they available or am I going to have to buy another carburetor to cannibalize?

I would appreciate any help - I need to get it running.

thanks,

d-

Edit/Delete Message

You need that accelerator pump discharge check ball . You need another parts carb or someone here who has parts or core carb to sell/offer you.

Bopb

I'm surprised your carb kit didn't come with the metal ball. Seems like the carb kits I've used had those, but were always missing something else. Somewhere there is the perfect carb kit made from all the missing pieces our carb kits lack...

Perhaps you can go to a part store and poke around their kits. I would think some other similar era carb, esp. by carter would have the same size bearing ball. The Napa by me is great, they let you handle parts and whatnot, even if its in a sealed package. Hope ya' get the carb done without too much trouble!:)

I've always gotten new ones in my kits too. I always swap them out though so any I had around would be used. FYI if you get them there is a big and a little. Dont mix them up!

Thank you, gentlemen, all. I got so many replies and offers which is very gratifying. I don't care what you guys say about Norm he came through. :D

However it might be a good idea if I pick up a beater carb just in case. As I was looking through my garage I notice I have almost 2 of everything else.

Again thanks for the interest and offers. I would hope that someday I could reply in kind.

Happy holidays

d-