new headliners..?

claybill

Acme Headlining Co. in LA has made them for years. But--- they might only be wholesale.

Acme Headlining Co. in LA has made them for years. But--- they might only be wholesale.

I believe that's where JC Whitney gets their headliners. I use to get them there too when I was selling complete interior kits. I had ordered mine through JC Whitney prior to the time I started selling interior kits. My headliner was shipped from LA with JC Whitney as the shipper.

For the record, I no longer sell the kits. Took too much time from my day job.

Hi! I'm a rookie but have found a headliner/ seat/ cloth souce I am considering: Automotive Interiors of Springfield. Ma. They have an internet site that is pretty good. They don't have true original materials but do have similar stuff, including some not shown on the site, they will send samples. I checked out SMS and they have exactely original cloth but at $85.00 a yard too costly for me. AI will make things out of material from other suppliers though. As far as headliners go you can find kits for less that $200.00 but after searching for "how-to" install info I have decided it is beyond my capabilities. A local car/interior guy charges $450 for a completely installed headliner and this is the one thing I am going to have done for me on my '49 Coronet. Hope this helps. I've only been on this forum for a few weeks and have already had interactions providing very valuable info. GOOD LUCK! I would be curious to know if anyone else has had experience with Automotive Interiors?

Hi Claybill

I bought a kit for my D24 coupe that fits perfectly and super cheap from an advertizer in Ol Skool Rodz magazine. Trouble is I can't remember the name - but they have the biggest brightest ad in the magazine kinda 50's style - so you can't miss it. they say they can make any interior trim of your choice - and they do.

Can't praise them enough, they did my carpets aswell, good service, good quality, good value and nice people.

And judging by the photos, came out quite nice!

Yes, it did come out better than I could have hoped for. A quality blanket has stretch, so the corners were not so difficult. I stretched a little each day on the corners, giving them time to settle in. What made the job easy, was that the blanket has stitching every 2 inches, allowing for placement of the support rods where they needed to be. A quality blanket has 2 layers sown back to back.:)

Robert....excuse my ignorance but was this an actual BLANKET, as in a bed blanket?.........whatever it is it looks real nice, but I am really confused about it being a blanket.........lol.........thanks, andyd in Oz

Robert....excuse my ignorance but was this an actual BLANKET, as in a bed blanket?.........whatever it is it looks real nice, but I am really confused about it being a blanket.........lol.........thanks, andyd in Oz

Yes, it is a bed blanket from Walmart $12 each. A quality bed blanket has 2 layers back to back with stitching every 2 inch apart. I bought 3 so if I did not do a good job, but the first blanket looked real nice. I have 2 more to use for kick panels, door panels, and etc. :)

• 2 weeks later...