On High Speed Finally OT

55 Fargo

Hi all, just got high speed , after 5 yeasr of dial-up, my new internet provider is wireless, hav e a little recever on the roff of the house, we have fantatstic signal strnegth. The best part is this, it is no more money per month, then a 2nd phone line and the dial-up. It is super fast, even watched Blueskies and Coatneys car videos with ease.....Fred

Hey Greg, this has been available for at least the time I have lived here, but was pricey for a while.

I live 4 miles outside of a town of 10000, they of course have cable and telephone high speed, but I am a couple of miles outside the gray area, for this type of service.

I am only 18 miles north of Winnipeg POP around 750000 people, so I really am not way out in the sticks. Having said that, even some of the remote Indian Reservations up North of me, have DSL high speed, as they have the numbers ina smalll area to get the telephone service internet provider. It's all about the bucks, and whehter they can make them, on there investments...

WHATTTTT? Say it isn't so!!!

I went to wireless internet when I moved, and it's well worth the cost. I bundled it with my Verizon Wireless phone, dropped the landline completely, and the net cost was almost a break even. Much faster than the dialup. And, no telemarketers on the wireless phone either.

When I was working for the gov, I learned a utility term for modern, copper wire pair type phone service. The utility folks call it POTS. Plain Old Telephone Service. A dinosaur in the communications field.

Glad you like the improved technology.