in my frinds shop OT

greg g

Today I stopped over at my friends restoration shop. current residents are a 1928 Buick Flxible Funeral Coach, and from the same owner a 1863 horse drawn funeral coach (yes the owner is a funeral director and plans to use the Buick for its intended purpose) an 1958 Triumph Tr2, a 57 Vette, and a 1937 Pierce Arrow Town car. Well the body from one, the chassis has been shiped to Sprigfield Mass for a full blown redo. the car has been in storage since the owner then age 21 bought it for 300 bucks ad put in it storage till he could get around to it. It is the last Town car built by the company and one of 4 built in 37, of 139 car total priduction run. Company went out of business in 38. The car is set up to be chaufer driven withe windoe between the drivers copartment and the passengers compartment. the rear of the car is set up with one bench seat and one jump seat. It has a fold down work station that would be infront of the passenger on the curb side.

forgot to ask if its an 8 or a v 12. It has a full leather covered top and the chaufer's top section is removeable held in with snaps. its a black on black deal front seat is leather pass compartment is upholstered in fabric. they need to make a jig to roll it around and sent it of to medial blasting. He got a quote fromthe fellow while I was there for 1000 buck to strip the paint from the firewall back and the trunk, in and out. add an hour to do the door jams.

Should look like this when finished.

37limo.jpg

I'm sure you had a fun time visiting..I also like puttering around in garages...when I went by a shop in Atlanta long back to visit a forum member here, they had a couple old cars in there..but next door was a real treat of older English sports car...like a kid in a candy shop...

Did a bit of research aparently there were two of these made one in 36 for the Marshall of Marshal and Firlds of Chicago, and one in 37 which would be the one in the shop here.

These 2 were made at the factory, with factory bodies, a couple others were sent out for coach built bodies One by Berhman, the other unknown. The marshal car is forsale in Indiana having been passed down to the chauffer then the shop mechanic where it was serviced then to his kid. So this car is a 1 of 1 for 37, and the company went out of business in 38 after production of 36 cars. Flat head V12 with dual carbs. the Marshall car with 57k onthe clock is priced at 150K.