Not a P15 or D24 but....new interior

spartanbilly

Here is my new interior on my '47 Chrysler Windsor Club Coupe. This forum is priceless even for my car!

(1) Carpet, binding and armrests recovered $50

(2) Door panels (board and fabric) $175

(3) New headliner and windlace (SMS Fabrics) $317

all of the above installed by myself

(4) Fabric for seats $300

(5) labor for seats $1200 (James Auto Upholstery, Fletcher, NC)

Total $2042. It can be done fairly cheap if you are willing to tackle some of the simpler stuff

Looks Great! What type of fabric is that?

The fabric is something I found at a Knoxville, TN fabric outlet. They cater to mostly furniture upholsterers. I checked SMS for original maroon broadcloth and they wanted $89 per yard. At 16 yards that would have put me in the poorhouse. I knew I wanted something that didn't sparkle in the sunlight and look synthetic. Everything I saw at an automotive upholstery shop had a modern pattern and nothing but grays, blacks, charcoal, etc. (or crushed velvet...puke) Since I couldn't find the color and texture I settled for texture and the mohair look. It appears to be a dense and durable fabric and the upholster said it should wear well. I paid $16.99 per yard. It pays to shop around $16.99 vs $89.00!?

I still need to get my interior redone by a professional, to replace my home handiwork

and wind up with some material I like. Have been thinking of making a removable

center armrest that would just sit on the seat - covered with matching material.

Guess I have gotten used to leaning on the armrest in the late model cars. The

removable rest could also have a lid that opened, for storage of misc items. Has

anybody done that??

Hi Spartan Billy, interior looks great, and the price is right.

I have my seats out of my 47 Chrysler Royal Club Coupe. they are being recovered, in 2 tone dark blue cloth on the seat faces, and grey vinyl for the backings and seat frames. OEM stitching and pleats will be sewn.

I am remaking my door panels, have new backer boards cut, and all holes made on them, I need to know how you did yours, I am using the original stainless trim, and want to use the embossing strips from the old panels, how did you make yours. I am not sure I will put carpet along the bottom of the door panles, could that part be done later if need be.............Thanx and your interior looks great...Fred