rims and hubcaps..fit??

claybill

i bought new/used rims for my 41...they are 14' in front and 15' IN REAR.

i thought my plain round hubcaps would fit but the newer style rims dont have

the wire clinchers to hold the cap on,instead they have a 'bump' in the rim where cap snaps on. h-h-m-m-m-mmmm..did they make little round caps for that model? what year am i looking for? does anyone have a set of 4 that would work for me.??

i bought the car with expensive chromewheels and caps with oversize expensive radials.....but i want the stock look with painted rims and WWW tires....but stock 41 caps dont fit the rims....#$%%$%&*^*?

bill

check with Summit..they have fair priced smoothies in the sizes to compliment your car and tire sizes front and rear and I do believe they have the trim rings and mini moons to match...

else it is pick and choose at the swap meets or e-bay...there you never really know the true condition..with a swap meet you get hands on before buying..

You're lucky Bill, I wanted baby moons for my P24 but they don't make them to fit our old clip type rims. If you do get the baby moons, be real careful when installing and press them on with your fingers at the outer edges. They are made of thin stuff and one good push on the center will cave them right in. Been there...

I have a complete set of 15" rims on the car I am parting out (see picture) but I will not be taking them off until the spring so I can move the car around until final parting out. They obviously have the clips on them that you need. Not sure if you want to wait that long.

DSCN5141.jpg

If I rememebr correctly the Mopars still used 16 in rims and did not switch until around 49 to the 15 inch rims. The bolt pattern onthe 15 and 16 is the same.

Am I correct or am I misinformed on this topic.

Rich Hartung:confused: