OT Porta-Bote going to a new home

Normspeed

After 6 great years of fishing and camping with my folding boat, tomorrow I deliver her to a new owner in Arizona. I hope he and his family enjoy the rig as much as I have. After that little Florida vacation earlier this year, I decided to go back to something that will ride on my roof without having to carry all the extras in the car. The old P24 gets a mite cluttered.

I already have my new boat picked out, a nice welded 10 foot Jon boat. I expect to bring it home within a couple days. Gotta keep the economy rolling!

post-64-13585352363438_thumb.jpg

post-64-13585352363845_thumb.jpg

post-64-13585352364432_thumb.jpg

post-64-1358535236474_thumb.jpg

post-64-135853523651_thumb.jpg

I'll miss the longboard look of the porta bote, it looked pretty good on the P24. But I'm really looking forward to the new boat. This will be my 11th boat, and I've enjoyed them all. I still have an 18 footer and the vintage 17 foot Glaspar, still trying to get the paperwork sorted out on that one. My 18 footer has seen some great times at Lake Mead. When the wind kicks up at Mead, it is not for the faint of heart:D