the one and only hardest to find item on a p15 is????

michael.warshaw

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another P-15 accessory is the super rare "MoPar inflatable butt mat" !

Bob

Michael,

I just noticed the others and I failed to answer one of your questions on the clock. You won't find the name Mopar or Plymouth on it. The clock was made by the Borg Clock Works Company. So......the clocks have the name "Borg" stenciled on the back along with the year it was manufactured. But.....don't go by the name only to identify it. The Chrysler, DeSoto and Dodge clocks have the same markings on the back. The key to identification is that knob covering up the number six. That's the only one that will fit the Plymouth.

...hadn't even thought about that for a long time. Where in the world did you come up with that pic? Did someone sell one recently? Not an item I would care to have in my car, but historically speaking it is really cool!

Another P-15 accessory is the super rare "MoPar inflatable butt mat" !

Bob

Edited by David Maxwell
typo

Bob..it might just be the angle of the picture but I don't see the canted face on that besel that the P15 requires...that looks more like a D24 items..got a side view of the assembly..?

No, Tim, I don't have any more pics.

I believe that picture was sent to me by David Maxwell.

IF not him, then by someone on the forum whom I can't recall.

I also have the under hood and trunk light in my coupe. Was there when I bought the car. Would I pay $100 for one? You'd have a sure bet that I would not. In fact' date=' I wouldn't even bother to look for either. Don't use the ones on the car at all.[/quote']

I also have both lights in my Chrysler- don't care too much about them. GM uses similar lights.

Bob

Edited by Dodgeb4ya

Many items for the Mopars were made by 3rd parties and sold under the Mopar logo. The trunk light for the Mopars is no different than that which was used by Ford, Pontiac etc. Consequently, someone started remanufacturing them recently and sells them for around $15 brand new. I picked up a couple when they first came out a few years ago. Someone else picked up a bunch of them and immediately began selling them as Mopar replacements at around $100 each. Look around. You can find them cheap and in perfect working condition for less than $20.

when i was in hershey at the show i bumped into frnk mitchel, cool guy he had a trunk light for slae was debating on buying it, but he wanted 100 for it, seemed pricey for a a small piece of metal with a socket in it?

Greetings! We finding that a KNOWN GOOD left {drivers} door latch assembly OEM #944-051 is pretty tough to find! We have been thru 4 and as yet & can't seem to find any one that knows the difference between good used and "junk". 1947 P-15 2 Door Coupe. Can anyone help? Mitchell has them NOS, but I don't have a banker friend and need to eat for the next couple more weeks :eek: ?!?? Thanks! Bruce 505/268-0001 9-5 MST N.M. mrhubcap@hotmail.com

Greetings! We finding that a KNOWN GOOD left {drivers} door latch assembly OEM #944-051 is pretty tough to find! We have been thru 4 and as yet & can't seem to find any one that knows the difference between good used and "junk". 1947 P-15 2 Door Coupe. Can anyone help? Mitchell has them NOS' date=' but I don't have a banker friend and need to eat for the next couple more weeks :eek: ?!?? Thanks! Bruce 505/268-0001 9-5 MST N.M. [email']mrhubcap@hotmail.com[/email]

If your locks work, but just not very well. Did you get new keys made, or are you using the old keys. Keys do wear out over time from use. When I first bought my coupe, the drivers side lock would not turn at all. The passenger door lock barely turned. Also you had to jiggle the key to turn on the ignition. Lubed each lock, got new keys made and they all worked like new again.

• 2 months later...