the hamb

fenian65

they are two different and distinct forums..the over all theme is the old P15/D24 cars with a overall acceptance of anything mopar and flat head over the retrofitted anything...but hopefully mopar..(my perspective) there is even a sister Dodge truck site on this froum..

the general language and such as prevalent on the hamb is not socially accepted here as posted by GTK..

as I can see this is your first post here and I have not visited the hamb of late to see your postings there I have no idea who/what/why you are being bashed...care to post a link to your hamb thread...

if you check the upper right hand corner of your page for PM..you have one awaiting your read...

Edited by Tim Adams

Other than the forums running one similar V bulletin platforms, you will find the group here more collegial than the HAMB. Flaming is not a usual practice on this board. We try to help folks out as best as we can whether they are dealing with stock pieces, modifications and modernization, or heavily modified. We can get narrow minded from time to time, but free opinions are worth what you have invested. Off topic stuff that evolves from following a thread is more tolerated, and Of topic stuff in general is usually OK as long as it is lables as such and political, religious, or other areas of zealotry are not broached.

So before we flame you and make you feel like some poor, unwashed, cousin, tell us what brings you here.

Weclcome! You will like his forum. It is friendly and the guys are very knowledgeable and willing to share. If you have a flathead or older Mopar, this is the place for you. Any info about your car and/or pictures would be great.

Hey, hey, hey....watch it!

but hopefully mopar..(my perspective) .....there is even a sister Dodge truck site on this forum.....
We would much better be known as a 'brother' site than a 'sister' site, even if maybe were are a little brother. No offense ladies.

Hello Fenian. As stated, some of us here also participate occasionally on the HAMB.

But no relationship otherwise exists. The manners are better here.

I just posted a thing or two I found on the HAMB here so anyone inclined could go and

look at pics from a couple shows to see the cars.

So - what kind of car do you own?

What part of the country do you live in?

Any other info you'd care to share......

Bob

Yeah.......whatever happened to the use of capital letters to begin a

sentence? And a period, question mark, or other punctuation at the

end?

it seems everyone is in too big a rush these days to use such menial

things as good english and punctuation i know it's just a lot of darned

bother to do that just simply takes too much time so the recipient of the

message has to figure out where the sentence ends and the next one

begins and that's kind of a pain.

Hmmmm......looks like I'm showing my age (sorta ancient).:eek:

Edited by BobT-47P15

Just because we have tattooes and body piercings does not mean that we can't put a sentence together. I know how to use full words, not text lingo. So before putting everybody in the same category, we don't all dress like morons, walk around with stupid hair cuts, and act like general drains to society.

p.s. If you are going to complain about punctuation, you might correct your own.:)

The exception always makes the rule. (And there are certainly a collection of exceptional folks here) There does seem to be enough evidence out there to support Bob's stereotype. One shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it just might be in reality a duck.

Remember what mom always says about first impressions. Good thing here they are based on what we write rather than how we look.....

oh yeah im in east central illinois danville actually. the armpit of the midwest

Been in Danville a number of times...went riding around there looking for cars sitting about...found an interesting one but it was a no sale...long story..always wondered what happend to the car...It was a Bricklin..maybe you know about the car? Am pretty sure Danville is not overrun with them.

Just because we have tattooes and body piercings does not mean that we can't put a sentence together. I know how to use full words, not text lingo. So before putting everybody in the same category, we don't all dress like morons, walk around with stupid hair cuts, and act like general drains to society.

p.s. If you are going to complain about punctuation, you might correct your own.:)

This gives an old fart hope!