FYI - SF Bay Area folks

James_Douglas

I'm not planning on making it to Jimmy's, but it does sound like this might be the last weekend before the winter rains start:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/10/08/BA2C1A2UDO.DTL

I wonder it this will be a fluke storm or the beginning of a series... My wife and I are planning on taking the '33 when we go to Yosemite in early November. An early winter might put the kibosh on that.

Tod, It is to bad you are not going to make it. Sondra actually has the day off this year as she plugged in a vacation day in January for it. We have the grills going for breakfast and lunch.

Next Year !

I hope this is a freak early storm...however, my gut is telling me that we are in for an early winter this year.

Best, James

Every year they stress the age limit and every year they let in tons of late model cars. What gives? I'm getting sick of parking next to 1995 Ford Taurus wagons with rimmzzz and biker gangs crashing, Weekend Warrior Larry on on EVO bagger, radio blaring.

Anyway, it was friggin cold.

Pics

http://vorhese.blogspot.com/

http://vorhese.com/gallery/album357

could be more to the tune of fill the spaces as best and fast as possible to ensure a proper gate take..not know anything about this gathering first hand it is only an assumption based on similar events..no one want to lose at setting up an event..if the pre-registration is way low..most drive-ups will get in just about reagrdless of the class if they have the up-front money

Last year very warm, this year very cold. At least the wind was down...

Next year people should get there early. We arrive at 6:30 AM and set up camp. That way we only get our friends with classic cars around us on the top of the hill.

Jimmy and his workers don't let in anything after 1972. What does happen down the hill is that those folks drive over the curb and onto the field. They also don't pay their money which the net proceeds go to the Parks Developmentally Disabled Programs. Shame on them!

That is a photo of the '47 Desoto Interior.

For me Jimmy's wraps up the car dhow season.

James

So I emailed asking why they keep letting modern cars in...

Hey,

We understand what you are saying about the year limit but hope you understand that these people are forcing their way in--we don't voluntarily let them in. When it comes down to it, these dudes have **** attitudes and threaten our volunteers at the front. We do the best we can, but we can't get hurt over these guys. I don't like seeing the new stuff, it ruins the vibe of the whole thing, and that's why we stress the year limit. If some dude is planning to kick our asses so he can bring some stupid stuff in, there's only so much we can do.

Jamie O, Jimmy's daughter

We saw all the bikers and newer cars last year.

Bikers don't bother me so much if they come to show the bikes, etc, but these guys seemed to be looking for extra curricular activity. That's too bad, seemed like a good place for a get together. And most of the people there on the grass were keeping to the theme of the show. It was people on the street above that seemed to get a little testy.

Just take a couple of idiots for some big damage to happen. I'd rather go for a good long ride and dinner somewhere.