Full flow oil filter conversion part 2

Richie Hodge

I'll do my best to describe this mod. Here are the only two pics I have found so far but a pic is worth a thousand words, I hope. What I did was drill into the block on the pump's pressure side with a 5/8'' drill about half the length of the pump boss. I then pressed in an expansion plug (welch plug) until it bottomed out. Then I drilled two holes on the top of the pump boss, one on each side of the expansion plug and tapped them to 1/4'' mpt. You have to be careful to space the holes far enough apart so you can screw in two 90 degree ells without hitting each other or the block. Measure twice drill once!! If I remember correctly I used 1/4'' MPT brass fittings X 3/8'' steel tubing for a short distance and then high temp, high pressure hose to the remote spin-on filter. I didn't want to run rubber hose that close to the exhaust is the reason I used steel tubing. I bought a filter adapter for a Ford 302 engine because I had some of them left over from when I had my Mustang. I would have changed the location of the filter at some point to make it look a bit better but it looks OK. This system has been on the car for just over three years now and has had zero problems, so I think it was a good move. If I can answer anymore questions for you, just e-mail me and I'll help all I can. Richie.

post-37-13585351738476_thumb.jpg

post-37-13585351738746_thumb.jpg