Buyers Beware

alan32433

These are some "new" bearings I bought from Vintage Valley mopar. I ordered two complete sets of mains, one standard set and one .001 set. When I ordered them, I asked that they look them over really good to make sure they were acceptable. I know 60 year old bearings will have shelf wear at a minimum, but I needed usable bearings. I'm convinced these are used bearings. They are actually scored enough to hang your fingernail on them. I only took pictures of two inserts but all of them looked the same with the exception of the #4 thrust bearings. They appeared new with just shelf wear. I called them and they agreed to take them back but they said they looked fine to them. As long as they refund my money, I'm only out $18 for shipping both ways, but now I have to wait another week or more to have another set shipped, from somewhere else of course. On their side, I have ordered other stuff from them with no problem.

post-4053-135853514717_thumb.jpg

I've heard good things about Terrill Machine in Texas, and also Vintage power Wagons.

Those are two names that keep reappearing as good supply sources time after time. Usually means they are. I have dealt with Terrill Machine and was very happy with them. I have it bookmarked as a parts supply favourite.

When I did my rebuild, my machine shop asked me if I wanted them to get my new parts (bearings, pistons, valves, pistons, tappets, gaskets, etc.). They shot me a price that was as good or better than anything I had put together from online suppliers so I said "sure".

I was surprised to see that everything was brand new! Not an NOS part in the bunch. I have no idea who their sources are.

I got some of my parts from Terrill and some from Egge. The only problem I had with Jim was it took me a bit of time to get used to his accent and drawl, and I beleive he may have had a bit of difficulty believing I was from New York cause I sure didn't sound like the guy that placed an order the day before. I asked him what zip code that order was from, he said 11769, I said its cuz I wasn't from LONNG GILLAND! He said, "I got you now" I can never understand those guys from Austin when they call either......

I spoke with the guys at Terrill and found them very helpful. Even when I didn't buy anything from then which was really nice. I bought my bearings and Gasket kit from Kanter. Haven't had any troubles yet.

Bought the rest of my parts from Roberts. I've had good luck with them so far.