how to find a member here?

opticsguy

go to the members profile page and click on the contact button. He may have his email there or you can sem him a Private message through this forum's pm application, found by using the same button.

You can also click on his screen name if he has had a recent posting and go to his profile page.

Yes, this is the tanker truck. I did browse the members listing of photos and there is no tanker to be found there. The place with the photos has no connection to who owns the vehicles so it is not clear to me how to proceed.

I just purchased a very similar tanker and hope to make connections with someone who has experience with this type of vehicle.

I was told the tanker is 1950, however 1949 and 1950 are supposedly identical. Sold with no title and missing the serial number plate so not really sure what year at this point. Cannot locate a serial number on the frame at least not where they are on pick up trucks.

As far as locating the guy with the yellow tanker, at this point I dont have a clue. There is no connection between the photo gallery and the members list and non of the members listed show a tanker.

I was told the tanker is 1950, however 1949 and 1950 are supposedly identical. Sold with no title and missing the serial number plate so not really sure what year at this point. Cannot locate a serial number on the frame at least not where they are on pick up trucks.

As far as locating the guy with the yellow tanker, at this point I dont have a clue. There is no connection between the photo gallery and the members list and non of the members listed show a tanker.

The serial# is definately stamped on the drivers side frame right above the forward spring mounting bracket on 1-1/2 through 2-1/2 tonners. Sand the frame well and then you will see it. I checked 5 of my 1948-52 Dodge trucks all 1-1/2 ton through 4 ton. They all had the #'s stamped in the frame. The 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 tons all have the # directly above the mount. The 3 ton and higher have the # stamped to the rear of the spring bracket and all are stamped much deeper than the medium duty trucks. Shown are a couple Serial #'s off my parts trucks. Use of a 1948-53 Dodge truck parts book will then help ID the truck. It has all the serial #'s.

Bob