NEW! Cable and Switch nut removal tool now available

Guys,

I just had a tool made to remove the cable and switch nuts on 1948-53 Dodge trucks. These fit the four detents in the nut perfectly so the nut can be removed without damage to the chrome. I have had a heck of a time over the years trying to get these off without damage, as pliers scratch them up, and they are often too tight to remove with finger strength. I have field tested this tool on over 30 cables and switches and it worked perfectly on all of them.

Check them out at the link below.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390066374837

Let me know if you have any questions,

Eric

post-282-13585350669587_thumb.jpg

There are two different nuts used in the 39-47 trucks, and I have prototypes for both that tested great. I just need to get my machinist to make the time to turn them out. I am also going to make one that pulls the 1948-53 wiper switch bezel. Look for those sometime in the next week or so.

Eric

I bet I will get a lot of offers to "test" them out! :-) :-)

Seriously, when I get the other tools done take a look at them and let me know what looks right. If you can promise to test them on a couple cars from your club so I know the year range I would be happy to send you one to test and keep.

Eric

I've got access to a 40 plymouth truck my 46 dodge truck along with 48 50 51 63 64 67 and 69 plymouth cars. And those are just the ones Dad and I own :)

Eastwood Products

***( NO LONGER HAS THESE TOOLS. THEY JUST RESPONDED BACK TO ME) 7/8/09

Eastwood Products

did have these two tools listed in their catalog several years ago but I have not seen any in the past several years. I have sent them an email inquiring to see if they still have them or if they have the suppliers name that manufactured them.

eastwood is close to my home and I will post their answer if they still have the two versions of the tool.

I would be interested in the tool to fit the nut that has the two slots in the chrome mounting nut

Rich Hartung

Desoto1939@aol.com

Edited by desoto1939

Eric,

Bought one from you yesterday, looking forward to seeing how well it works. A while back I bought a similar tool from someone on eBay for the ignition switch. First one he sent me was way wrong so I sent him a spare ignition switch and he made one to work and sent it to me. So between your custom tool and the other one I can work on all of the dash switches!

Thanks for taking the initiative.

Brad

I shipped your tool already, and you should have it soon. The other Dodge truck nut I showed this tool to was really impressed at how well it worked, I am sure you will find it useful.

Now that I have this tool I wish I had made it years ago, I kept meaning to, but never got around to it.

Thanks for your business,

Eric

Eric,

I've found over the years (unfortunately there are getting to be to many of them!) that having the specialty tools to work on vehicles with makes a huge difference in time, quality of the job and even my attitude about doing a job.

Sure you can work on just about anything with a hammer, channel locks and a screw driver but you usually have to work a lot harder to get the job done and done right.

Thanks again for taking the initiative on getting these made. Looking forward to using it!

Brad

When I first used this tool in the field I was so happy, finally the nuts could be pulled even if they were tight without damaging them. About 30 seconds later I felt like a real idiot for not having it made years ago!

My truck work toolkit evolves slowly over time as I find better tools for different jobs. It is amazing how much difference the right screwdriver can make, or a different shaped pry bar, etc.

Every little upgrade speeds the work, and reduces the number of damaged parts.

Eric