Thermostat Housing

I'm confused as to what type of housing is correct for my truck. My engine came with a straight up type housing with no bypass, but when I ordered a new hose from Roberts, they sent me a straight hose. Obviously, a straight hose won't fit between my housing and the radiator. I've searched this site and many pictures of engine compartments, and noticed many housings that appear to be quite large, with a bend in the neck, with and without the bypass.

So my question is: Did they make a non-bypass housing with a bend in the neck? If so, would this be the correct housing for my truck? If not, what is? A straight housing with a bent hose? I've been searching for months now for a bent housing without a bypass, and have had worse luck than a bearded sheikh wearing a turban at an airport.

My engine has internal bypass, and the thermostat housing does have a bend in it. If yours is straight you'll probably have to make some measurements and take them to a parts store that'll let you browse the formed radiator hoses until you can find one that'll fit.

P9230502.jpg

Merle

Merle, your housing is the type I'm searching for, but apparently they're very rare. I'd use my old housing but it's almost rusted out at the neck, so I thought I'd try to get the correct one. If anybody has an extra housing like the one pictured in Merle's reply, I'd be a new man if you'd sell it to me!

Anyone by chance know the part number for the housing? There's a few mopar parts houses I've spoken with but they all need the part number to start with, no matter how well I describe it. Thanks guys!