Street legal and on the road at last!! In OZ

boxer_inv

Hi there Gents

Its been absolutely ages since I posted anything to the forum about my car....

Well, I'm pleased to be able to finally announce that as of today, she is roadworthy and registered and STREET LEGAL!!

Unfortunately, the old girl had been on the 'back burner' somewhat due to some issues (finance, time, wife...:D), but thats now been overcome and I have been able to finish off all of the minor work she needed to get across the line.:)

"Dorothy" is now proudly wearing her new plates and I'm looking forward to taking her for a nice outing this coming weekend.

So, thought you might like to know that another wonderful MOPAR relic is alive and kicking on the road once again, albeit in Australia!

Cheers

Rob McGuire

post-2291-13585350557282_thumb.jpg

Boxer,

That is wonderful! Posts such as yours help inspire those of us who may be lagging a bit in getting ours back on the road or doing that minor but annoying thing that needs to be done to keep them there. Thanks.

The car looks great and the license plate says it all. Good on you, Mate!

(I played Rugby against a few Aussie sides lo those many years ago and they taught me that 'Good on you, Mate' was preferable to 'Good Lads'. Opinion?)

-Randy

The Dodge looks good. Let's see, finances-time-wife. So I'm thinking you inherited a fortune, quit work and got rid of the wife!:D:D:D. Enjoy your car.

Nice one!:D

Thanks for the comments, it really feels nice to know that I can now use her as the Chrysler gods intended.

Bob - I'm going to take Dorothy out for a trip this weekend and am intending to take some 'action' shots of her amongst some nice tropical backdrops, rather than just in the confines of the garage. She deserves a nice portrait, no? I'll post some more after that.

Regards the colour, it isn't her original and I have NO idea whether or not there is a name for the colour. I can tell you that her build plate indicates Paint Code: 4020, which (courtesy of B_Watson, kind Canadian member of this forum) I know to be 'Riviere Mist'.

When the time comes to do her paint again, it will be quite a dilemma for me whether to go back to the original colour, or to something totally different like blue or burgundy. Any thoughts or comments on colour changes?

Oh, and Randy....Brendan D25 had it right when he said "Good on 'ya Mate!" - much better than 'Good lads' (waaaaay to old school British!:D).

Rob.

Rob unless you plan to disassemble the car for paint its much easier to keep it the same color. Remember that color extends into a lot of hard to paint places like the firewall door jams on the edges of all the glass etc

Hullo all,

Rob's Dad (Ian) and previous owner of 'Dorothy' here.

Dorothy's colour is not an original Mopar one. It was selected from a Nissan/Datsun colour chart way back in the early '80's and was called something like "sorimame green". As I said, not original but I liked it and it stands out!

When I bought Dorothy I was told she had started life as the personal car of the Chief of Police in Singapore and was imported to New Zealand in about 1955. She lived in the South Island city of Dunedin for a few years (I guess that's where the heater was added - they get very cold and snow etc. there) and at some stage travelled north to the city of Christchurch which is where I found her. She had been well looked after and was in running condition when bought.

Now that Rob has her I hope to see plenty of pics on line with he and his young family enjoying cruising the Far North Queensland roads.

I don't expect to be a regular contributor now that Dorothy has a new home but will keep a watching brief.

Cheers all.

Ian