Rear Brake Cyl For A 53 B4B

Have not been by the local parts houses yet but plan on it. I have three sets of cylinders that are pretty good so I think I could get a set to work.

your last sentence scares me... You think you could get a set to work. please make sure the bores are much much better than just ok, As an insurance adjuster, I see the results of brakes that the owners thought would be "ok". It's not worth the extra few $$$ if you are not completely positive about the condition of the bores. Just my 2 cents. Bud

I agree with that. Going is easy, stopping - not so much.

When I first got my 1/2 ton two months ago, I filled up the system with fluid to find it leak. It was then that a decision was made to overhaul the brake system and thus far have replaced all the hard lines, rubber lines, master cylinder and front wheel cylinders and shoes. Also fixed the parking brake. I still need to do the rear but won't drive it until it is all done.

Better safe than sorry.

Well Bud just to ease your mind I had not honed them yet, just cleaned them and found no pits. I agree totaly that the brakes are one of the most important systems. I have made the purchase of a new master cylinder, plan on replacing the rubber lines and one rear hard line as the original was rotted through and the previous owner rigged a line on the outside of the frame. The rest of the lines will get cleaned and check before final assembly. This truck was last driven in the late 90's and had all new brakes put on then the shoes are virtually new and the drums are great, just all the cylinders need attention due to the brake fluid and setting.

Roberts has 'em and I think Kanter does too. Most likely they'll need to be replaced...if there's any pits in the bore they'll leak indefinitely. I also looked into resleeving mine but new cylinders were cheaper and quicker.