Chrysler Dealer Closing List

James_Douglas

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/msnbc/sections/business/Chrysler_dealers_list.pdf

I suggest that everyone in their respective areas look up the dealers close to them.

If any of the dealers are long standing ones, talk to the service manager and if they are going to sell out, find out if you can get any of the older specialty tools from 1970 and before.

I suspect that many of the dealers will simply toss out their oldest equipment.

Also, if they don't sell their part inventories in bulk to someone, find out what they are going to do with it. There is a lot of stuff hiding in corners that will now be pulled and if not sold, just tossed.

Best, James

I can't believe it. The Ford and GM dealers closed down nearly a year ago here in my little town but the Chrysler/Dodge dealership here isn't on the list. Yahoo !! As soon as I get some new houses to build I think I'll celebrate by trading in my 12 year old Dakota in on a nearly new 3/4 ton Dodge.

The old, old Mopar dealership here went out quite a few years ago.

Guess I wasn't paying attention back then, so did not go to their auction.

One guy I know bought a couple nice old cars fairly cheap - a 47 Chrysler and

a 60 DeSoto hardtop. Don't know where the 35 DeSoto Airflow and the extra

low mileage 50 Dodge sedan went, plus a few others.

Not sure if the current dealership would have any stuff older than the 70s.

Haven't heard if they are in or out now.

As a general rule, among the dealerships closing that I have some familiarity, I can say "Good Riddance!" While I am sure that many fine, honest, small-town dealers will be forced to close their doors, from my own experiences, many dealers that have given Chrysler Corp. a bad name in their communities appear to be closing.

It looked like two factors went into play when choosing who to shutter: sales volume and customer complaints. For those that say that customer complaints are a waste of time, I can only say that, yes, they do matter. You may not get the immediate response wanted, but some one does take notice. I am familiar with two competing MoPar dealerships within walking distance of each other, but happened to be in separate communities. The one with the weaker service record is the one closing its doors.

Many good loyal customers will be losing their beloved local dealership, no doubt about that, but it appears many of the shadier dealerships are getting their just desserts.