Some British Classics (and others)

Robin (UK)

OK Guys,

You asked SO nicely....

Here are some pictures I took recently, at the National Motor Museum. Hope you like them.

For information on any of these cars, or others in the collection, you can search at http://www.beaulieu.co.uk/motormuseum/collection.cfm

Hope there are some interesting and unfamiliar sights for you guys.

First five here... more to follow

R.

post-13-13585344914446_thumb.jpg

post-13-13585344914678_thumb.jpg

post-13-13585344914892_thumb.jpg

post-13-13585344915131_thumb.jpg

post-13-13585344915413_thumb.jpg

The Leyat is crazy, with the huge front end propellor.

The 2CV is part of a temporary Citroen exhibition at the museum. It's one of a handful of prototypes which were hidden from the Nazis in 1940, then forgotten about, and re-discovered a few years ago in the loft of a barn.

It will remain unrestored.

post-13-13585344918014_thumb.jpg

post-13-13585344918402_thumb.jpg

Guest Nile Limbaugh

I want the Talbot drophead and the Jowett! Man, if a bird flew in front of the propeller-driven thing you'd have to stop and wash the whole car! Robin, thanks a bunch. It's nice to see cars from different parts of the world. Does anyone publish a British mag about street rods? I'd like to subscribe if I can find one.

Hi Nile,

The best mag for British Rods and Customs is Custom Car Magazine.

http://www.customcarmag.co.uk/

That's definitely the market leader.

It will feature some American cars being rodded in the UK, but also has good photo and in-depth features on customised British cars.

Let me know if you have any trouble subscribing.

Good luck.

R.

Guest Nile Limbaugh

Thanks, Robin. As an equal-opportunity car nut I've subscribed at different times to British mags as well as German ones. If I could read Russian I'd look for one of those. So many cars, so little time! I'll look into subscribing to your recommendation.

Guest Nile Limbaugh

Now that's an unusual website! I remember reading in a sixties Road & Track about the Russians holding a race to prove to the world that they could build cars with the best of them. They claimed that when the race ended the Russian car (they didn't say which make) came in second while the powerful American car was next to last. What they failed to report was that it was a 2-car race!!! Ah, propaganda!