Guest p15_d24_forum_admin

If you want to join the forum...

Forum Sponsored By  

1 hour ago, Tooljunkie said:

bought a 1949 fargo,been sitting 

Welcome aboard, curious which truck you bought?

The one in the garage looks like a 48-50 and the truck outside looks like a 51-53

21 hours ago, Los_Control said:

Welcome aboard, curious which truck you bought?

The one in the garage looks like a 48-50 and the truck outside looks like a 51-53

I bought the one outside. Guess i should get a photo of the vin plate and run the numbers,as i was told its a ‘49.

i maybe should have started a discussion about the one in the garage,but was thinking i had enough on my plate. 

Had it running,30 minutes. To me it sound no worse than any others i listened to on youtube. 
one frost plug leaks, oil filter isnt sealing and at the 30 minute mark the  water pump seal let go. 
new pump coming from Rockauto.

a week and i can replace pump. 
will see if i can locate a freeze plug kit, replace as necessary. 

So, sorted out leaks, converted to 12 volt mopar alternator and now i can drive it into shop to work on it. 
what amazes me is every bolt i touch comes out Without a fight. Every single one. 
a friend’s uncle was admiring truck,says he has some parts for me. Come pick them up. 
turns out they are nos from a dealer that ran in my town in the 40’s and 50’s. 

cant wait to see what he has. 

On 9/23/2019 at 11:11 AM, Chesty said:

Hello everyone ,

I'd like to join this forum. I just bought a 1946 Dodge WD21 1-ton truck. The truck is a 3 speed, 2x4, mopar flathead six. The prior owner did a cab off restoration and kept it immaculate. I can't wait to tinker and cruise around in the summer and fall. The truck was found and bought from Chincoteague, VA and will be move home to Indianapolis, IN in October (2019).

James

20170615_173037.jpg

That is one fine looking machine