If you want to join the forum...

Guest p15_d24_forum_admin

21 hours ago, Los_Control said:

Welcome aboard, curious which truck you bought?

The one in the garage looks like a 48-50 and the truck outside looks like a 51-53

I bought the one outside. Guess i should get a photo of the vin plate and run the numbers,as i was told its a ‘49.

i maybe should have started a discussion about the one in the garage,but was thinking i had enough on my plate. 

• 2 weeks later...

Had it running,30 minutes. To me it sound no worse than any others i listened to on youtube. 
one frost plug leaks, oil filter isnt sealing and at the 30 minute mark the  water pump seal let go. 
new pump coming from Rockauto.

a week and i can replace pump. 
will see if i can locate a freeze plug kit, replace as necessary. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So, sorted out leaks, converted to 12 volt mopar alternator and now i can drive it into shop to work on it. 
what amazes me is every bolt i touch comes out Without a fight. Every single one. 
a friend’s uncle was admiring truck,says he has some parts for me. Come pick them up. 
turns out they are nos from a dealer that ran in my town in the 40’s and 50’s. 

cant wait to see what he has. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/23/2019 at 11:11 AM, Chesty said:

Hello everyone ,

I'd like to join this forum. I just bought a 1946 Dodge WD21 1-ton truck. The truck is a 3 speed, 2x4, mopar flathead six. The prior owner did a cab off restoration and kept it immaculate. I can't wait to tinker and cruise around in the summer and fall. The truck was found and bought from Chincoteague, VA and will be move home to Indianapolis, IN in October (2019).

James

20170615_173037.jpg

That is one fine looking machine 

• 11 months later...

Hi, I would like to join the forum. I've got a 1947 Dodge 1/2 ton, imported to the UK from Montana. Its now roadworthy. It had some work done before I bought it and Ive done a few other bits and bobs. The rear axle seems to have been swapped for a MOPAR saloon one from the late 40's or early 50's judging by the brake cylinders. The truck is now in storage for the winter.

IMG_0428-2.jpg

Edited by Mark Wise

1 hour ago, Mark Wise said:

Hi, I would like to join the forum. I've got a 1947 Dodge 1/2 ton, imported to the UK from Montana. Its now roadworthy. It had some work done before I bought it and Ive done a few other bits and bobs. The rear axle seems to have been swapped for a MOPAR saloon one from the late 40's or early 50's judging by the brake cylinders. The truck is now in storage for the winter.

IMG_0428-2.jpg

welcome!

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, DanPW said:

Hi, I'm new to the forum, bought a 1966 Powerwagon a few months back and am starting to work on it.  Need lots of advice!  Thanks

FYI, your are totally welcome here but the best site for PowerWagons is https://www.dodgepowerwagon.com. The forum software is a bit dated but the owner, Joe Cimoch, has been running the site as long as this one. It is a great resource for Power Wagon owners.  A lot of the 2WD and 4WD does cross over so stick around and join the conversation. We have a few Powerwagon members that chime in quite often. 

And again welcome to the site!

• Like 1

Hi,

I'd like to join this forum.  I have a 1966 PowerWagon that I'm working on, in eastern Pa.  It's in really good shape, with a flat bed in the back, but I think the motor is toast, so that's where I need some immediate advice.  I'm new to old cars/trucks and flatheads  I see reference to a membership form but can't seem to find it.  i have registered on the site, obviously.  Thanks, Dan S.

IMG_20200318_150907 Med.jpg

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, DanPW said:

Hi,

I'd like to join this forum.  I have a 1966 PowerWagon that I'm working on, in eastern Pa.  It's in really good shape, with a flat bed in the back, but I think the motor is toast, so that's where I need some immediate advice.  I'm new to old cars/trucks and flatheads  I see reference to a membership form but can't seem to find it.  i have registered on the site, obviously.  Thanks, Dan S.

IMG_20200318_150907 Med.jpg

LOVE these bad boys....

• 6 months later...

I would like to join this forum. I own a 1938 Plymouth PT-57 with a 1954 Dodge Meadowbrook L6 Flathead in it. I have the era correct 3 speed manual transmission although I suspect the tranny may be from 1941 as that is what is stamped on the bellhousing. 

Welcome to the Best Forum on the net for these trucks. Lots of GREAT information here.

• 11 months later...

Hello,I want to join the forum,as I have a 1950 B2B. I have repeatedly attempted to join only to have my answers to the security question refused. Also,I am unable to attach a picture of my truck.

Sam Simons

Indiana

Hello Everyone, Sam here in central Indiana. I'm looking forward to enjoying and contributing to the group.

DSCN1766.JPG

DSCN1765.JPG

DSCN1768.JPG

WC}.jpg

• 4 months later...

I'd like to join the forum.  I just purchased a 1939 Dodge TC half ton pickup project.  Its a bit rough now, with rotted tires and missing power barn parts, but the sheet metal is in decent shape.  Interior is original and all in tact.  My first vehicle was a 1972 Dodge Stepside PU which was my daily from 81 - 94, but this is my 1st older project.   I'm hoping that I can tap in the vast knowledge and wisdom of the folks on here to get this truck road worthy again.  Thanks - Steve H.  

• 2 months later...

I attended a local car show last night and there was an Oz 1958 Dodge 108-E Panel Truck, apart from later seats it is bog stock and is essentially the last of the Pilothouse style cabs that were used here in Oz from 1949 thru to 1958........I have given him details of you guys and hope he will contact me & I'll direct him onto the forum..........I don't have a mobile phone nor did i take any pics so can't help there........there maybe pics on Facebook under the "Grafton Changing Lanes Car Show" ..........andyd  

• 4 months later...

And I had a long phone call today from a guy, Terry(I think)  on the other side of Australia, in Perth, Western Australia who has a 1952 Fargo pickup and is interested in joining I think, I have advised him to contact the forum himself direct, anyway I try.....lol......andyd