52 doors and hood disassembly

BulldogTom

In the hood, look at the under side at the rear edge of the hinge area. You'll see a tab that is bent in to keep the pieces from sliding out. Bend this tab out so that it clears the hood side piece, then slide the hood pieces apart.

As for your windows... here are some scans from my service manual that helped me.

Windowremoval1.jpg

Windowremoval2.jpg

• Like 1

• 7 years later...

In the hood, look at the under side at the rear edge of the hinge area. You'll see a tab that is bent in to keep the pieces from sliding out. Bend this tab out so that it clears the hood side piece, then slide the hood pieces apart.

As for your windows... here are some scans from my service manual that helped me.

Merle,

I found this old posting of yours and Bulldog Tom's very useful as my 52 Hood was the last part I needed to break down. 

The only difference I had to change for the hood was that the tabs were bent out to lock the hood side pieces to the center.  I just rolled them in and slide the sides off.

Phil

post-7088-0-24336700-1466823561_thumb.jpg

post-7088-0-65124100-1466823562_thumb.jpg

post-7088-0-85599000-1466823564_thumb.jpg

• 5 years later...
On 2/25/2009 at 2:04 PM, Merle Coggins said:

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h254/mac2026/Manual%20Pages/Windowremoval1.jpg

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h254/mac2026/Manual%20Pages/Windowremoval2.jpg

Merle, I realize this is an old post but this is second time recently where I've found you referencing your shop manual.  What surprises me is your shop manual seems to be a lot more detailed than mine!  

What version/year of shop manual do you have?  Could you provide details so I can try and locate a copy?

Thanks!

Brad

Hi Brad,

I have a factory B2 Shop Manual (pictured below). I also have a digital (PDF) copy of a similar manual, maybe even the same version. I don't recall where I got the digital version. The image quality isn't very good but I can access it from my work computer so I can look up things when I'm surfing the forum during free moments at work. If you'd like a PDF copy of what I have I have uploaded it to WeTransfer to share. You can download it from this link. https://we.tl/t-ijcKHuMEZ9 The link will be valid for 7 days only. 

P8070333.jpg.656f55991eec4fccb1b696cb1bbd9110.jpg

Thanks Merle :)

Now you have me wondering if I just don't know how to find things in the shop manual!  I would have thought the B3 manual would be more refined with more/better info.  I've downloaded the manual, thank you.  

Tonight I'll do some comparisons between the B2 and the B3 manuals to see if I'm just not finding info like I should.  It wouldn't be the first time I've missed information that's staring me in the face.

Brad

I'm going to check my manual again on the fuel gauge but I thought I had previously checked the fuel system section to see if the gauge details might be there and I didn't see it.  But again like I said previously I frequently seem to miss details :(

Ok Merle, I guess I'm some what of a dunce :(

I know I had searched my B3 manual for info on the gauge in the Fuel section of the manual and didn't find it.  I just looked again and somehow someway a page has been inserted into my manual since then :) 

The page describing the gauge is just like your B2.  So I then looked for the information I was looking for about the doors and surprise surprise, the information is right there in the Body section.  Go figure.

It looks like I need to spend some quality time with the manual each night to get familiar with what really is in the manual.  Thanks!

• Like 1

Read it cover to cover....then read it again. That way you know when to feel guilty about the little things only you know are "wrong".....

48D

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, 48Dodger said:

Read it cover to cover....then read it again. That way you know when to feel guilty about the little things only you know are "wrong".....

48D

Oh yeah, that would be really good for my OCD ?

4 hours ago, Merle Coggins said:

Half the battle is knowing where to find the information you need. I stress this to my Tech's all the time when I'm doing training. 

I think a lot of the problem is it is just so easy to search for information online that I/we tend to forget how to actually use a paper manual.  Years ago I used to sit and pour through technical documents and manuals.  Maybe it's time I start to relearn some of those old habits :)  

1 hour ago, bkahler said:

Oh yeah, that would be really good for my CDO ?

There I fixed it...it wasn't in alphabetical order!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, bkahler said:

I think a lot of the problem is it is just so easy to search for information online that I/we tend to forget how to actually use a paper manual.  Years ago I used to sit and pour through technical documents and manuals.  Maybe it's time I start to relearn some of those old habits :)  

Reading old books by knowledgeable ppl is fun !  :D 

• Like 1