Headliner

The consensus on the 39-47 forum is that the cardboard ones don't last. Guys seem to be having good luck with the ABS plastic ones from www.quietride.com I haven't bought from them yet but I intend to in the spring.

Reg-please add me to the list-I've heard good things about the results folks have had using your patterns. Mike

Guest Dave Claussen

Reg, what have you/others used as an alternate material for making the headliner from the patterns you have? I will eventually need to address this area in my '52 and I was curious about what has worked for those who have tackled the replacement process. I would be interested in the patterns too. Let me know what you need for them including shipping. Thanks, Dave

• 3 weeks later...

There's a place called Rod Doors that supplies materials for making your own door panels (and should work for headliners as well).

They sell ABS plasic in sheets for doing this. Here's an example:

http://www.roddoors.com/pages/dp-uni.html

They seem a bit pricey to me. So, I look at Tap Plastics and they sell ABS plastic in sheets as well. 2X4ft sheet is $16 - 64 depending on the thickness desired. The nice thing about ABS is that you can glue it together easily to make bigger pieces. They also have PVC sheets for about the same price. Shipping can add up, but we have a Tap plastics right here in town so that would work for me. Looks like they're mainly on the west coast, but you might have a similar platics store around.

Here's some links if interested:

http://www.tapplastics.com/shop/product.php?pid=335&

http://www.tapplastics.com/shop/product.php?pid=343&

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

Can we set up a tentative date for the spring time and give an open invite to those in the area to join us? A few of us could meet at Jim's place in Elk Grove and we'd pickup a few others in Sutter's Creek or elsewhere along the way. I think Reg's garage is big enough to hold us. Right Reg?

Hey Guys,

Can we set up a tentative date for the spring time and give an open invite to those in the area to join us? A few of us could meet at Jim's place in Elk Grove and we'd pickup a few others in Sutter's Creek or elsewhere along the way. I think Reg's garage is big enough to hold us. Right Reg?

It'll motivate me to clean up the garage and put stuff away. Plus....The vaakah blossoms are beautiful in the springtime.:rolleyes:

MVC-015F.jpg