An Intro of sorts.

Black Widow

I've been surfing here for awhile. Don't remember how I happened onto this site, but I'm sure it was while looking for information! I have found this site to be a very valuable reference, the knowledge here is beyond compare.

I am in Kansas, and work for an aircraft company. Got the car out over the weekend to clean it up some and took a couple pics.

It's a 1948 Plymouth sedan I bought from the original owner's nephew. It now has 56352 miles on it. Back when I got it, I lowered the rear 3" and put on the www's, flipper caps and spotlights (dummys). Drivetrain is stock right now, I have an Offenhauser dual intake, a second Carter B&B to go on eventually. Also have a set of Langdon's headers like the ones Blueskies has on his coupe. It still has the factory paint and upholstery.

Oh and it's name "Black Widow"; comes from the ancient water-slide decals a buddy of mine gave me. I thought they were fitting. Take a look and let me know what you think of it.

post-2875-13585349313273_thumb.jpg

post-2875-13585349313523_thumb.jpg

Gorgeous car! Welcome to the Forum.

Apparently I worded something wrong. I have NO intention of ditching the L6, just hopping it up. I have the headers, intake and two carbs to go on, but haven't got to it yet. What I meant was for now the motor is stock, eventually it will get hopped up some.

Cpt. Fred, yep I put 3" blocks on it. They came from Rod & Custom Supply, but I've since found out they no longer have them. The blocks to fit the stock springs are narrower than the readily available blocks. I thought I had wanted mine a little lower in the rear as well, but I don't mind it's current stance. It's lowered, but still driveable; especially now that I live on a dirt road! :(

Nice car,great to find one in that condition.Glad to hear your keeping the L6 :)

ok, thanks! so i cannot just buy some blocks but have to machine them or change the rear springs? hmm. sounds more difficult then i thought...

i guess to get really low you have to change the springs anway, right?

the look really large, i dont know say in english, it doesn't seem like one can just put some blocks in and reassamble. the blocks would be to large maybe and the geometrics of the axle and spring would look quite unhealthy.

(sorry, i hope you know what i am trying to say)

guess i rebuild the axles first and then see what i can do.

no dirt roads around:) here

ok, thanks! so i cannot just buy some blocks but have to machine them or change the rear springs? hmm. sounds more difficult then i thought...

(snip)

No, it just means that you have to know who to order from. Mine, for instance, were purchased from http://thenightprowlers.com, who had the correct width , the correct U-bolts, and from 1-1/2" to 3" high, if memory serves.

Marty