Turning signal control

pflaming

According to post # 12, the green wire goes to the LF turn. In a later post you have a green wire going to the stop lights. Unless it's a seperate wire comng from the light switch for the tail lights, you have too many wires attached to the bright filament wire.

Dave. yes they are different wires. I now have tail light, brake lights, and park lights. So wiring is now correct. So now I will need to check the controller. I am now wired per original.

• 2 weeks later...
I re-wired my car, but am having problems wiring the turn signals. The wiring colors match the ones previously posted (ie. RF Red, LF green, etc) But In the discription it only lists 7 wires. I have 8. Anyone know what the other wire goes to? It's red/green.

What brand is it? Most vendors have on-line schematics/instructions. Your saying it's an 8 wire switch, does it light up the unit itself when you pull on the lights, or is this a direct hot wire for the 4 way flashers when key is turned off?

Edited by 47MoparakaRockwood

It's a 48 plymouth club coupe, I'm not sure what brand the lever is, it's fairly rusted over, I think it's a 'Trico' ? I re-wired it with 14ga wire, but can't figure out how to wire my turnsignals. The two yellow, and green wires go to the flasher. But that's as far as I got. Theres also a light at the end of the lever. That I also can't get power to. Theres not indicators inside the car apart from the light on the end.This is the only thing holding me up from being finished with the wiring. any help is greatly appreciated.

It's a 48 plymouth club coupe, I'm not sure what brand the lever is, it's fairly rusted over, I think it's a 'Trico' ? I re-wired it with 14ga wire, but can't figure out how to wire my turnsignals. The two yellow, and green wires go to the flasher. But that's as far as I got. Theres also a light at the end of the lever. That I also can't get power to. Theres not indicators inside the car apart from the light on the end.This is the only thing holding me up from being finished with the wiring. any help is greatly appreciated.

LIke I posted, 8 wire maybe a golf cart signal stat. I would google for wire diagrams, on this particular unit.

1 wire in for brake light switch,  ( this wire is "hot", 1 wire from gas gauge or starter switch to flasher, then 1 wire from signal switch to flasher, to operate signals, and 1 wire for pilot light on signal stat. 4 wires, for each turn signal light on each corner of car. 

If you do not have a diagram, trial and error might be the course of action...