Got a vintage New Mexico tag

Normspeed

When I was in Naval Aviation we had a green 5 paper document for all "Gripes" up or down. You would fill out special codes for discrepencies, how the aircraft was fixed signed by the pilot,plane captain, certified inspector or QA inspector.

I was always told this was originally an AF document adopted by the Navy.

Here it is, all legal and installed.

I gotta say, the local MVD folks are very nice to work with. If I tried this in CA I would have gone home angry but instead I'm smiling:) :) :) .

I went in with my tag, title, registration and proof of insurance. Clerk #1 was lost immediately. She never dealt with a YOM tag and although I gave her all the key words and told her there was info on the consumer MVD website, she froze in the headlights so to speak. She went to her Supervisor who listened patiently, thought it over for a minute, and said, politely, "No, it can't be done". I explained that the website says it can indeed be done. She went to the third clerk, an older lady, who agreed with me that it sure could be done but she had never done one and didn't know how.

Now here's where the smiles started. The Supe took everything to her desk, called the main office in Santa Fe, spent 10 minutes conversing and taking notes, then came back and walked clerk #1 through the process. Now I can tell ya, that would not have happened in Cali!

I walked out a few minutes later with a new registration, a 2009 sticker on my 1953 tag, and a big smile on my face!

post-64-13585348935004_thumb.jpg

I've got a YOM plate hanging on my wall for both CO and MO. To qualify for YOM in MO, one must register as a historical vehicle, limited to 1000 mi./yr., and KEEP A LOG. Were it not for the log, I would just BS my way out of it if a law enforcement officer were stop me. Instead, I am going through the vehicle inspection and regular tag route. Car's currently in Minnesota so I can only imagine the questions and concerned looks I will get once I finally try to get the car registered this spring/summer.

If I could have it inspected in Minnesota, it would be no big deal, but I am required to go to a licenced Missouri Motor Vehicle Inspector before I get registered and get my tags renewed.

Lots to do before she comes to Missouri. I was informed on Christmas Eve that my pass. rear wheel cylinder was leaking, and the harmonic balancer needs to be replaced before making the trip.

JW, are there any Missourians that can recommend an inspection station that may be more forgiving of a poor old girl? The closer to Trenton (Grundy County, north Central MO) the better, but I am willing to go for a nice spring drive for the right inspector. If they are as picky with my P15 as they were with my '89 Jeep and '92 LeBaron, she doesn't stand a chance.