Original Patina

pflaming

Strange how some vehicles will never be worth a plug nickel but some others will, regardless of how good they may be.. 

A friend of mine bought a brand new 1962 Corvette when he graduated from high school. Sometime in the '90s we were cruising his old neighborhood in St. Louis and he pulls up at this old shop on Sublette, said he hadn't been there since he moved to the country in  the '70's and that one of his old high school friends worked there way back when.. We barely got in the place and this old guy leaning across a fender looks up and says, "We were just talking about you the other day, someone brought in one of those G.D. Corvettes!" They had a good laugh and my buddy said it was the worst piece of junk he ever owned... That piece of junk would be worth serious $$$ today, patina or not..

Perspective?? You got me, daddy-o!!

You want patina, here is patina!! I believe some cars, like this 1954 Plymouth Suburban, are beyond restoration but this old girl still has some useful parts. A little overpriced in my opinion. :lol: https://www.ebay.com/i/183046312241 

526738404_s-l6401.jpg.79aa0df1b4be63e1e17489c667ba266c.jpg

Edited by RobertKB
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, pflaming said:

If the frame is square, that would be quite a sight with a hemi, going down the freeways at 80 mph with large NRA markings. LOL

Wonder if it would "whistle" maybe some how you could play it like a flute? Lol

1 hour ago, Flatie46 said:

Wonder if it would "whistle" maybe some how you could play it like a flute? Lol

don't think that theory or the car will hold water.....

kinda like the roads with burn cuts that when traveled at x-speed will mimic a tune...anyone here ever travel such a section of road?

4 hours ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

don't think that theory or the car will hold water.....

kinda like the roads with burn cuts that when traveled at x-speed will mimic a tune...anyone here ever travel such a section of road?

Could paint it yellow, make it look like a block of cheese.  Put Green Bay stickers on it, drive it to the home games. 

Or make  look like sponge bob.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Worden18 said:

I'd totally drive that sucker as is; just need to straighten the hood a little. ?

1 hour ago, Flatie46 said:

Could paint it yellow, make it look like a block of cheese.  Put Green Bay stickers on it, drive it to the home games. 

Or make  look like sponge bob.

Someone better snap this unit up pretty quickly. Sounds pretty popular. If you're into patina, you can't do better than this fine '54 Plymouth wagon!!:lol: