Question --- Anyone live in Pittsburgh, PA ?

James_Douglas

Anyone live in Pittsburgh, PA ? I am thinking of bidding on some antique luggage in a live, via ebay, auction but they will not arrange for shipping. If I bid and win I need someone to pick the stuff up until I can arrange to get it shipped out to San Francisco.

I have a friend, a Desoto man, that works for Greyhound and we may be able to just put it onto a bus to California.

Thanks, James

In the early 50's my dad bought a new leather suit case as he was going on a business trip by train from Indianapolis to New York City. I remember this purchase well as my mother had recently purchased a new suit case and hers was a bit too girlish for my dad so he bought a "man bag" suit case. He used this man bag up intil he died in 1981. I then used it several times until I bought a new one in the late 80's. In 1999 I brought this man bag out of retirement when I flew from California to Smashville. The suit case was in pristine condition prior to my flight to Smashville. When I retrived this man bag at the Smashville airport I could not believe what I found. Both hinges were bent and the case would not close correctly. It would barely stay latched. The baggage jockeys at the airports must have treated it like a toe jam football. The lesson I learned is that when traveling using public transportation do not pack your goods in anything of value. Buy the Wallyworld durables and take your chances.

Louman Earle thinks all antique cars should have a suticase of vintage..excellent in the fact they fit the period and look at home in the trunk and hides the essential for on the road repairs etc...(spares) he was very kind and ensured I got at least one to jockey between my cars...its an excellent match for the color of the big butt...