Merry Christmas from San Francisco

James_Douglas

Hello Everybody,

I have been busy and sick the last few months and have not had much time to drop by and talk cars.

I hope everyone is having and will have a very Merry Christmas Season.

The 47 Desoto is running fine except for the vibration at idle (in gear) and at some point I will put in my completely rebuilt fluid coupling. Until then, I just clutch the thing if it is annoying me.

I did get a treat a couple of hours ago. A friend, for his 60th birthday, was given the use of a BMW Z8 for a week. I got to take it for a spin. WOW is all I can say. The Z8 makes my old 1962 Vette feel like chopped liver. I hope my XKE is 1/2 as good as this thing.

Again, thanks to everyone for your thoughts an comments over 2006 and I look forward to another year with this forum.

All the Best, James

I hope your Christmas is a good one also. I am currently working on the restoration of a customer's 63 split window Corvette coupe. It's an impressive machine, but from a very different era than today's cars. I'm putting final touches on the car making it ready for a local Corvette show in January. There is a small chance we will be in San Francisco in the spring and like Don, I'd like a ride in the DeSoto. I will keep you posted as our plans develop. Any progress on your Airfield project?

Hi Guys,

Survived x-mas.

Don, send me an email with your schedule so I can set time aside for your visit.

Charlie, just let me know when you are going to be in town. We are continuing work on the airfield project. I have had a face-to-face with the FAA and California Depart of Transportation -Aeronautical branch…interesting conversations to say the least. Go take a look here HTTP://www.PursuitFoundation.org

All the best, James