Fender Skirts

Furylee2

I’m looking to put a set of Fender skirts on my 41 Plymouth Coupe. Anyone have any experience with the fiberglass skirts J. C. Whitney sells, or the tear drop repoduction steel skirts I’ve seen for sale on the net? It’d be nice to have a set of original ones, but they get pretty pricey. I figured once they are painted and installed, who can tell the difference?

I got a set of fiberglass fender skirts from J.C.W. about 5 years ago for my 41 Chrysler. Quality wise they were pretty good but thet really didn't fit my 41 Chrysler. I may try another set now for my 48 Dodge (if they have them). I'm with you after you paint them they would be as good a steel ones.

WOW Robin, those look great. I ran across that WEB site right after I left that post. I just typed in Plymouth Fender Skirts on Google and they were one of the Links. I wish I knew about them before. I paid $200 for a use sun visor on eBay, and I could have bought a new one for $225. I sent them an email to see what they have for the 41. I’ll keep you posted. Lee

On a 1941 Plymouth a fenderskirt is a must:) The company Agrape is the best, This guy makes them, he is not just a vendor. I have talked to him many times . Once I was getting ready for a big show and needed the skirts right away he mande them and I had them on time for the show. I don't think fiberglass is a good idea for a steel car, a good eye can tell the diffrence and as they age there will be a difference in the way the paint ages. These look like they were made for the 1941.Sep2009.jpg

Where did you pick up the 41 Buick fender spears?

Hi Johnny,

I got the Buick fender spears from Ebay - they are in really good condition (not quite perfect).

I paid about $150 for the pair.

They do get listed occasionally. Some are listed as trims, some as spears, so try searching '1941 buick chrome'.

Good luck.

Robin.

• 1 month later...

Hey, I got my new skirts from Agape Auto (thanks Robin and Rodney). Even though the temperature here in Nebraska is in the single digits, I had to go out to the garage and try one on. Now comes the hard part, getting the paint to match.

post-309-1358534504611_thumb.jpg