have you been banned?

Plymouthy Adams

I am curious, as I often use eBay's half.com as well as eBay, how one exchange can get some one banned from eBay? Please explain to me further. It sounds reasonable, your requests and interactions. I always thought that there had to be many serious issues with a member of eBay before they were banned.

Tim;

If this seller is not a forum member but just a run of the mill a$$ hole no need to expose his private parts here. Sounds like you should ban yourself from buying from him in the future. Charging for insurance and him not buying insurance is un-excusable.

Tim....yes, he should have paid for the insurance if that was part of the deal

and you sent the required amount. Evidently some of these boxes of

merchandise receive a severe beating from the carriers.

It would seem to me to be his fault in this transaction, and I don't think

banning you from his auction is really warranted. Sounds as if you were

trying to be fair and not asking for any more than was due you.

Is this a seller that many forum members might tend to do business with?

You don't have to answer that question, but it might need to figure in

whatever you decide to say about him later.

Not long ago, I helped a friend by bidding on and winning an item he

wanted from a seller who had banned him. I doubt their disagreement

was any greater than yours from what my friend says.

Some sellers seem to have developed an attitude about people not

agreeing with them, questioning them, or not doing it their way.

Tim;

If this seller is not a forum member but just a run of the mill a$$ hole no need to expose his private parts here. Sounds like you should ban yourself from buying from him in the future. Charging for insurance and him not buying insurance is un-excusable.

I agree with Don on that.... its the seller's fault... if you aren't going to pay for the insurance, don't offer it.... period.... what happened to the old adage of "the customer is always right"....??? (within limits of course, and to me, this is definitely within limits....)

Allan

Well...I have seen even the best of wrapped things get broken in shipment..I have not yet figured out the pastimes of most carriers..do they try to dribble the box, see how far it will bounce against the back wall..practice soccer goals or punt/field goal tactic...I think they all believe themselves undiscovered jocs.... that is the reason we pay for insurance..and to be honest I have not found a lens for 5.00 plus assuming I could get it shipped in for 5.00...

Most time, giving human nature as it is..if insurance is offered do you dare not take the option..I mean without a doubt, it is the seller/senders first line of defense not to honor an item arriving busted..and then again..what's to say they did not sell a broken item to begin with..photograph good one..sell 4 broken...lol

Watch the movie Ace Ventura: Pet Detective for your answer to that Tim....

It gets answered there..... actually you can watch that exact part... here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_duX8wcXN4

Allan

Acouple of weeks ago I was reading some of the literature on the ebay or paypal sight and found ; The seller is responsible for getting the merchandise to the buyer in good condition . Going by that information , it isn't the buyer at all who should be considering buying insurance , but the seller only . After all , when the insurance claim is paid it goes to the seller , who of course should make the refund to the buyer .

I say move on their is more sellers than just him. I have banned several buyers from my auctions but most were for non paying and one for being a scamer. I sold a tach to a guy last week have not heard a thing out of him sent 2 invoiced and on the 7th day sent him a e-mail saying I would report him for non payment, wow! he responds back jumping me and saying I have sent him letters everyday and to go worry about something else I will get my money, but not saying when, I sent him another reminding him of my auction rules all payments must be recived within 7 days and had he just droped me an e-mail saying something insted of ignoring me I would have been fine with that. I have had to many non paying flakes so yes I worry when I don't here something from a buyer. Now thanks to the great new rules a seller has no way of protecting themselfs from these flakes, no way to warn other sellers about them either. I find myself using craigslist more and more( a lot less selling fees FREE)

I think a clerk at the UPS Store once told me an item should be packed to

withstand a 25 foot drop....if using their services. Maybe they fall that far

in some part of the loading or unloading process.

I once sold a glass headlight lense to a person, and when they received it

it was broken. They asked to return it to me for a refund. Which I did,

stupidly paying the postage for the return, then giving back their money.

Guess I could have asked for a picture of the broken item, said OK toss it

in the can (don't need it back), and sent their money. The reason my

headlight lense got broken was the box was too small.....not enough

space around the edge to let the item float. I had bubble wrapped

it pretty well, but that wasn't the answer. I had not shipped any

glass items prior to that, so it proved to be a learning experience.

I try to communicate with sellers.....I often send them money orders as

my PayPal account may not have enough money in it to use.

Sometimes I either get busy or just forget to run right out and get the

order. So I let them know I will be getting it the next day....or whatever.

Usually they are ok with the info, as long as you do tell them something.

Have had several comment on my good communications.

But even that may not work with some people depending on different

things.

I can work with just about anybody as long as their is communication! that is the key thing, don't just ignore people, let them know. If I cannot find a box or something I always let them know so they don't keep waiting. I almost always try and have everything packed and ready so when I get paid the next day it is in the mail. I always treat people the same as I want to be treated.

...by a seller that I happened to outbid on another auction. He was so upset that I outbid him that he decided he wouldn't give me the pleasure of bidding on his items. I had to laugh! It takes all kinds of people to make this world go round lol....

David;

I have a good idea who that seller is.

I have been dealing with a slow paying non communicating buyer since June 18th when one of my auctions ended. It took 3 emails to him and finally a "non payer" complaint to eBay to hear from him and get paid. 35 days to get paid. I'd like to give this guy neg. feedback but am sure he will do the same for me. I just sent the manifold to him yesterday. # 120271918626. After the fact I see that he did the same thing to another seller or two and he only has about 6 transactions. I'd like to ban this rude slouch.

INMHO, there are just as many lousey sellers as buyers. I'm glad they changed the rules though on feedback. Sellers cannot leave negative feedback now. As a buyer, all you can do is pay your bill on time as long as that is done you should only recieve postive feedback. Trouble is, too many sellers used it for retaliation if you had the audacity leave them anything less than positive feedback. I believe too many sellers have undeserved high feedback ratings because of it.

INMHO, there are just as many lousey sellers as buyers. I'm glad they changed the rules though on feedback. Sellers cannot leave negative feedback now. As a buyer, all you can do is pay your bill on time as long as that is done you should only recieve postive feedback. Trouble is, too many sellers used it for retaliation if you had the audacity leave them anything less than positive feedback. I believe too many sellers have undeserved high feedback ratings because of it.

Ok now as sellers how do we protect our selfs? let others know of a bad buyer (witch by the way I have had plenty)? Do you have any idea how money is lost on non paying bidders? e bay does not care as they get their money no matter what. we as sellers take in the shorts when someone does not pay. I will leave a pos as that is the only way but it will reflect the transaction

INMHO, there are just as many lousey sellers as buyers. I'm glad they changed the rules though on feedback. Sellers cannot leave negative feedback now.

How is that a good thing Mr. B ?????

Now sellers can't warn other sellers about a very slow payer who doesn't respond to your invoices and takes 35 days to pay for an item without any communication.