Possibly some good news for a change OT

Allan Faust

Just got off the phone for an hour long interview.... still have a wet ear.... :) and things may be looking up....

Right now, I have 2 options.... first being the "work in progress" (that I told the new suitor about, and he doesn't have a problem waiting).... if that pans out, I have a job for a municipality.... actually my home town.

2nd option, the interview just passed over the phone... will be interviewed next week again, and then probably shipped down to ottawa to spend a day at the plant.... once that complete, I will possibly be travelling across Canada and the US as a technical rep......

Hopefully one of these options pans out....finally.....

Allan

Guess the only question you have to ask is how much of the Airlines crap you can put up with and for how long. Working for the local municipality would sound good to me. When we travelled to Ireland last fall, we passed several groups of fellows doing construction work on the roadways, the tour guide described then as the muni guys nursing their shovels.

So the glamour and adventure of cross country travel (on someones elses dime) or gaining an intimate knowledge of your locality's evirons. Quite a choice. Good luck wishing you well.

Well, there are advantages to both jobs.... one, being in my home town.... well, most of my family is there.... municipality, government, stability, etc.... the other, on the road, meeting people, travelling to new places (I was told michigan, oregon, texas, etc as some destinations) and (possibly meeting forum members), moving down to ottawa (closer to greg/shel/etc) all have their good points.....

Both pay approximately the same salary..... we'll see..... one way or another, this fall should see some changes....

Allan

....When we travelled to Ireland last fall, we passed several groups of fellows doing construction work on the roadways, the tour guide described then as the muni guys nursing their shovels....

just imagine the number of workers that would be out of a job if someone was clever enough to build a kickstand for a shovel....