Jim Yergin's P12 Woodie in Hemmings!

Bob Riding

I was just looking through the January 2007 Hemmings and low and behold, Jim Yergin's '41 Plymouth woodie is featured in their "Under Restoration" section, entitled "Worn Out Woodie" or "A woody wagon that is knot quite finished"

Great article (except it's too short!).

Jim; How did you get mixed up with the Hemmings folks? And what's the latest on your progress? (other than the engine problems that you've experienced?)

Bob

post-96-13585344709893_thumb.jpg

Bob,

I actually haven't seen the article yet. I only found out about it because someone had the article for sale on eBay and I recognized the picture of my car. I don't subscribe to Hemmings Motor News but I do subscribe to Hemmings Classic Car magazine. About a year ago that magazine invited readers to submit information about their restorations for a restoration issue. I submitted pictures and a narrative but my car didn't make the issue. Apparrently they are using the pictures and the narrative in the January Hemmings Motor News. I look forward to reading it.

As you know I am trying to resolve the no start issue with my engine. How is your woodie project progressing?

Jim Yergin

JIm, You are always surprizing me, I saw the woodie in the Hemmings and had no idea it was yours, I have got to start reading the articles instead of just looking at the pictures ( old habit) way to go Jim. They don't throw out anything when you send it in Jim. They will use it later. That's why I have seen articles on the studebaker months after or even years after I have talked to someone, sometimes they pass the material on to other maz's and writers.:)