1948 B-1-FA Carburetor

wallacedw

I have got a new fuel pump on and the engine will run (briefly) if the fuel bowl is filled from the vent or using starting fluid (will fire) so I am sure it is getting fuel to the carb and the ignition system is working.

I am not sure if the needle valve controlling fuel to the bow is bad (I looked at it and the end rubber piece is pretty used. No cracks or anything but it is indented from a long life. The jets could be clogged. Or the float toatally useless. I am going to pull the top horn off to look into the bowl and see if I can do any good.

So the big question is where can I get a rebuild kit and which one do I get? It looks just like the one in the shop manual but I can't find any part numbers or identifiers that will allow me to ask for a kit.

I haven't had any luck identifying the engine. It has a Spitfire head but there isn't anything stamped in the serial number block on the front drivers side of the engine.