Ripped off by a Forum member

Robin (UK)

If it never left the building, what's the restocking fee.....interesting. I am glad the person came forth and tried to rectify this situation. Everybody be big about it and just move forward. As he said things happen, we go back and forth. The thing is this guy did not just blow you off and keep the money. This is our hobby and it sounds like he has another obligation that keeps food on the table. It also sound like it was not a cut and dry sale, as I said in the beginning I don't know the difference between a 602 800,802. I needed a radio for my 1940 and someone on this forum sent me one. It was correct and it worked, after I learned how to cut it on and use it. Robin this opened up a whole new source for your request for the right radio, now I know you will get what you want:)

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is good news. It will be even better if the check arrives and does not bounce. This story is almost as good as the guy who never sent a check for goods he recieved. He later came back and said he had medical complications and that was why he never sent payment. However once the medical complications were resolved he still kept the goods and did not send payment. He still occasionally responds to threads on this forum. The guy who sent the goods rarely posts any thing here anymore.

The restocking fee BS sounds like a local repair shop here in Loveland that not only has the highest labour rate in town (after the dealerships), but also charges double what NAPA does walk-in customers for the exact same parts.

My favourite Northern Colorado repair shop scam is decarbonising. I would have a hard time sleeping charging some one $200+ to dump a bottle of STP fuel system cleaner in the fuel tank and then red-line their car for 5 minutes. Some places disconnect the cooling fan and go until the car overheats. The only reason the Quik-Lube places don't offer the same "service" is because most people would be appalled to witness their car being revved up like that. There are variations that also include running SeaFoam through the PCV system, but it is all hardly a "service" that I could sell some one in good conscience. A decent shop, IMHO, would recommend to a customer that they dump a bottle of fuel cleaner in the tank at the necxt fill-up.

Hola Guys

I believe the issue has been solved. If any of you want the details, just email me ( not PM ) and I will send them to you.

Rodger & Gabby

COS

It will be solved when the check arrives... and clears.

You can be certain I'll keep everyone posted.

Robin.

BTW, the whole working 3 to 4 days a week thing is pretty lame too. I work 5 sometimes 6 days a week and usually put in a 10 hour day.

This whole thing reminds me of a guy that listed Windows 98 Second Edition on eBay which is substantially different from 1st Ed. in that the 2nd Ed. allows use of USB accessories such as thumbdrives, etc. When the OS arrived, it was obviously 1st Ed.

I contacted the guy and told him that he sent the wrong software. Windows 98 1st Ed. was not an acceptable substitute for the 2nd Ed. He then accused me of not knowing how to install the software. I told him that it installed just fine, but it wasn't what I ordered and it didn't meet my needs.

I finally filed a claim with PayPal and the SOB calls me at 6:30 AM offering to buy back his software for half what I paid him for it. I told him that was unacceptable and that I wanted a full refund. He then demanded that I leave him positive feedback and he would refund my money via PayPal. So, I leave him so lukewarm feedback, and then he sends me an e-mail that afternoon claiming that he couldn't figure out how to refund my money via PayPal and that a personal checque was on the way.

Well, when the checque finally did arrive there were but two days before the final deadline w/ PayPal. I never agreed to accept his personal checque and there wasn't enough time for the checque to clear before PayPal's deadline. I waited for PayPal's decision and it was in my favour. After PayPal's ruling in my favour, I packed up his OS and all the other "free" juncque he included.

The next morning again at 6:30 AM the jerk calls me and demands to know when his juncque was sent. I told him that his juncqe along with his personal checque would be going out that morning before I went to work.

He asked why I was returning his checque. I told him that I never agreed to accept his personal checque and that since PayPal had found in my favour I was now returning his juncque. He accused me of "going back on the deal."

I tried to calmly explain to him that there was not enough time for his personal checque to clear and waiting a few days on PayPal was in my own best interest rather than rescinding the claim against him and being stuck with a rubber checque. However, before I could explain much of anything he hurled a slew of profanity at me. Rather than continue to listen to this crook, I simply hung up the phone on him.

I sent his stuff to him, and then he filed an appeal with PayPal despite getting his personal checque back from me, essentially trying to jip me out of everything. Fortunately, PayPal denied his appeal and I was refunded my claim. I still ended up being out the money spent to send his juncque back to him, and received the abuse from guy.

Amazing isn't it. We go and with all good intentions buy something, and someone is not honest, rips people off, then the scallywag hurls the abuse, comes up with some lame retarded ailibi, just be "Honest and Upfront", thats all anyone expects and should recieve if they are giving you there money for a product or service, what the "BLOODY H" do these guys think, that everyone has money to send around the globe for the fun of it..

I work evreyday with criminals, the way these guys do business, is exactly the way so many cons have conducted themselves in life. They wonder how come they wind up in prison, well it's often everybody elses fault.........Fred

Amazing isn't it. We go and with all good intentions buy something, and someone is not honest, rips people off, then the scallywag hurls the abuse, comes up with some lame retarded ailibi, just be "Honest and Upfront", thats all anyone expects and should recieve if they are giving you there money for a product or service, what the "BLOODY H" do these guys think, that everyone has money to send around the globe for the fun of it..

I work evreyday with criminals, the way these guys do business, is exactly the way so many cons have conducted themselves in life. They wonder how come they wind up in prison, well it's often everybody elses fault.........Fred

You're right Fred, it'd be nice to hear "Hey, sorry, I completely screwed up on this one, my apologies, here's the check." It's the lame excuses and blaming that makes it a bad situation.

The need to be right overrides the obligation to do the right thing.:(

Guys,

It makes me really sad to write this, because up to now I've had nothing but good experiences from all my correspondence and dealings with members of this magnificent Forum.

Two months ago I was looking for an 802 Radio.

A Forum member sent me a PM to say he had a restored 602.

It wasn't exactly what I wanted, but we agreed a price (not particularly cheap) and I sent him the money.

After that he wrote to say that it was actually a Mopar 800.

Looking into it, I found that the front of the 800 has a different finish, not suitable for a P15 dash, so I asked him for a refund.

That was promised but I have waited a month and nothing has been sent.

He won't reply to email, so I guess he's planning to keep the money as compensation for all the 'trouble' I must have put him through.

Oh well - I guess he must need that cash badly. I hope he can sleep at night.

Just wanted to warn you that if anyone offers a Mopar 800 radio, you should proceed with caution!!!

Robin,I had dealings with rodger and with just about the same scenario you have, up to and including no responses until I mentioned puting his name on the forum with the details. After several weeks, I realized that I was not going to receive what was due me, I openly asked him to donate the funds to GTK for the forum. That never happened as far as I know, GTK would have informed me I'm sure. I wish you good luck, maybe he has changed, no, forget that. Richie.

Wasn't me.I've had no dealings with anyone on here,but I would like to find a radio for my 51 Plodge. Don't care if it works,just has to look good.

Is a 49 Dodge radio the same?

Richie

I just sent an email to another. As of this moment I do not know what we had to do with each other.

Here is part of the email. " ... I just read all the sagga of this and see I am now marked as a scum-bag. In last April, three years ago I had an massive stroke and spent 12 days in the IC Ward here in the Colo Spgs Hospital. After that they had me in the Stroke Re-Hab Ward for almost three months. Some parts during this time I needed my wife to help me out with what I was doing and etc. I still rely on her for "blank periods" that may have happened in the last 3 1/2 years during that period. "

If something has happened that has left you feeling that you was wronged during that time. please contact me ( this may mean "again" to you ) and let me know what I should do.

Another Issue

I see that I was pinged for not having to much to say of about me on the personnel part of this site. Instead I have always said with every posting that I am Rodger and that I live here in COS. From time to time when others have said they are on the road, I have openly stated the door is open and they can stay here.

Rodger & Gabby

COS

Richie

I just sent an email to another. As of this moment I do not know what we

had to do with each other.

Here is part of the email. " ... I just read all the sagga of this and see I am

now marked as a scum-bag. In last April, three years ago I had an massive

stroke and spent 12 days in the IC Ward here in the Colo Spgs Hospital.

After that they had me in the Stroke Re-Hab Ward for almost three months.

Some parts during this time I needed my wife to help me out with what I was

doing

and etc. I still rely on her for "blank periods" that may have happened in the

last 3 1/2 years during that period. "

If something has happened that has left you feeling that you was wronged

during that time. please contact me ( this may mean "again" to you ) and let

me know what I should do.

Rodger;

Do you remember this transmission? Do you still have it or have you sold it?

3-4 years ago you agreed to buy this transmission from Richie. Richie sent

it to you upon the agreement you made. He was never paid. At some point

later you said you did not pay because you had medical complications. You

also told Richie that the check was in an envelope but never got mailed. Does

this sound familuar?

I am sorry to hear that you had a stroke. But I did not know that having a

stroke and recovering eliminates the responsibility of completing a

transaction.

Don

I honestly do not remember buying a transmission from you or Richie. I do know I have never sold any transmission's of any make or the like. If you say that I have a transmission that I got from you in the last three years, and I need to pay you, I will not argue with you and pay for it.

Most of my life I have always given away or just lent items to ole car owners since I do not like being an sales person of these parts.

For years I was an physical fitness "nut" type of person, then one morning I was struck by a car ( which failed to stop at an inter-section ) while riding my bicycle. I had an injury produced stroke. I do not sling my arm or drag a leg. I can not dance or ride a unicyle due to balance issues ( I could do this very well up to the stroke time ). I say this so some of the readers who have limited knowledge of this can ask someone who has more knowledge of this and will be able to understand. I hope none of you ever go through what I now live with.

I just went to look for an "M-6 Transmission". Yes I have one. How much do I owe you ??? If you feel as if I may be "dragging my feet", please remind me what I need to do. I am not angry with you for showing me that have problems, it is not your fault that I may now have them.

Rodger & Gabby

COS

Don

I honestly do not remember buying a transmission from you or Richie. I do know I have never sold any transmission's of any make or the like. If you say that I have a transmission that I got from you in the last three years, and I need to pay you, I will not argue with you and pay for it.

Most of my life I have always given away or just lent items to ole car owners since I do not like being an sales person of these parts.

For years I was an physical fitness "nut" type of person, then one morning I was struck by a car ( which failed to stop at an inter-section ) while riding my bicycle. I had an injury produced stroke. I do not sling my arm or drag a leg. I can not dance or ride a unicyle due to balance issues ( I could do this very well up to the stroke time ). I say this so some of the readers who have limited knowledge of this can ask someone who has more knowledge of this and will be able to understand. I hope none of you ever go through what I now live with.

I just went to look for an "M-6 Transmission". Yes I have one. How much do I owe you ??? If you feel as if I may be "dragging my feet", please remind me what I need to do. I am not angry with you for showing me that have problems, it is not your fault that I may now have them.

Rodger & Gabby

COS

Richie sold you the transmission. I did not sell you anything. You owe Richie not me.

What Don said was to let it die until we hear the results from Robin. I agree no further posts are needed unless its Robin adding the resolution