Frame questions

Allan Faust

Hi,

I was thinking about something that a friend of mine mentioned about his car, and what he will be doing (putting his body on another frame), and I wanted to post the question to all of you, and see what you think. My car is a plymouth bodied dodge, ie plymouth body, 111" wheelbase. I noticed that the 1976 dart also has a 111" wheelbase, and I'm wondering if the body would fit on this frame or not??? Are there other, more recent 111" wheelbase cars around, and if so, what are they?? Any ideas are welcome....

Allan

Thanx guys for the responses.... Ed... forgot about the unit bodies.... Ed... saw the thread on what Joel is doing.... sounds simpler than it is.... Brendan... as I go on with my project, I'm continually searching for different and/or maybe better ways to do things.... the frame is something that I wanted to think about as an option. Mine isn't complete yet.... Hopefully I'll get the frame completed this summer (depends on a DANG job... sorry for the caps, but if I rant, it'll be a heck of a lot worse....) The motor is machined, and not rebuilt yet.... there was one minor thing left to do to it when I last talked with the machine shop, and that was the wrist pin bushings, which I just picked up in the recent past.... (darn things cost me more than the pistons and rings combined....)

Allan

• 5 weeks later...

hey allen its not that hard with my chassis swap i picked g-body frame because its so easy to play with im having more of a hard time making the dam rocker panels from scratch then stripping both cars cutting chassis and extending it.this is whats slowing me down i did have to make some cuts in the trunk floor pan but once i weld that up and carpet no one will know to bolt the body to the chassis i simply use the monte's original mounting holes and new body bushings i will weld a reinforcement plate's in the areas the bolts pass thru the body and im done with mounting issues i did most of this work in only 3-4 weeks by myself if you have myspce my donor car was $600 thats the price of disk brake kit alone i have v6 auto trans 12v the entire car except sheet metal will be in my plymouth if i have to goto mechanic the can plug into my computer and fix her hope i helped ya