Crazy to Actually "Drive" them?

Guest Roadrunner

When I grow up I want to be a Rodney Bollock!!!!! Tony C

I think Tony is being a little modest here. A few years ago I met Tony and his wife here in Wisconsin. They had been on a rod run following Route 66 from California to Green Bay Wisconsin in his El Camino. That's over 6,000 miles round trip, so don't let him kid you, he drives em too. Below is a shot of his El Camino. Think he said it was taken either in the St. Louis, MO area or Springfield, IL (I forgot). I took him and his wife out of the picture not knowing if he wants his picture on the net. So he drives his too.

OOP'S. Didn't see Tony's post about the trip I mentioned before I made this post. Anyway, here's the picture of Tony's El Camino.

Hey Norm Thank You, For the picture it was taken in Arlington Texas, right at the start of the tour. You could have left Karen and I in the pictutre, our 15 minutes of fame you know. Tony C

You're welcome Tony. Below is the uncut version of that picture with Tony and his wife Karen at the start of the Rod Run in Texas.

Also to show Don Coatney (again) that I do drive my coupe, Tony took this picture of my wife and I when we met him and Karen for lunch a few miles from my house in Brown Deer, WI. Of course the longest ride I've had in my coupe is about 80 miles round trip. Like the absent minded professor, I had forgotten my camera that day (left it on the kitchen table). Would have loved to get some side shots of Tony's El Camino and that engine compartment that will put your eyes out on a bright sunny day. Tony's El Camino was to the left of my coupe out of this picture.

Norm;

Look at the money you are saving on oil changes. If you drive 300 miles per year you would not have to change your oil in ten years:D

Don, you got that right!!:) My oil was still as clean as the day I put it in the car until the gas mixed with it last year when the electric fuel pump flooded everything out. Of course, regardless of how many miles I had driven I had to change it then.

Guest jjmorrse

I used to drive mine daily, until I got a company vehicle. I run from the OK border to College Station TX relatively frequently (300 miles). Aside from a fixed vapor lock problem, no complaints. It gets hot in summer, thank goodness for side window vents. Since mine is originally a minnesota beater the rust holes in the floor help ventilate also :). I am convinced that they get more reliable as you drive them more.