Baby Moons?

arclightzero

Ok, since I have too many clips broken and 1 wheel without any, I have decided not to go with the original dog dish hubcaps on my '47. However, I have zero experience with baby moons and have no idea how they connect to the wheel, so could anybody provide any insight as to if they would even fit my wheels or what size I would even need? Mr. Gasket sells ones sized for Mopar, but they couldn't tell me if they would fit a '47... Any ideas?

Check ebay. I've seen repro clips on there. I've seen other makes of wheels with very similar clips that I bet would work on mopar wheels.

Hola There

I purchased four "baby moons' to put on my De Soto. Once I got them, I felt they looked "wrong" for an De Soto.

Then my neighbor across the street saw them one day when I left the garge door open. One was removed from the original packaging and it fit his 1949 1/2 five window "pilot house" wheels as if it was made for them.

His son wanted to give them to his Dad for Christmas ( along with a MoPar 6 volt radio that I have ). I still have the "baby moons".

( ... Due to the Christmas request on the radio, I had it completly re-built for Christmas ).

Rodger & Gabby

COS

I took some clips off other old Mopar wheels and used short nuts and bolts

to fasten them to the rim. Put the nut on the inside as the wheel contacts

the brake drum on the back side. Or, you can find some rivets that you

can mash down on the end with your hammer.

You may be able to also use clips from other makes of cars as they all did

essentially the same job.

100_8257.jpg

Have seen some baby moons that appeared to be for the clip wheels, but

have never owned any. The newer cars of the 50s on up had those

nubs in the wheel center and the moon popped over them.