Need "Chrysler tractor" information

Guest clueless

Guest clueless

Well, it does say "...40s to 50s mopars...(and)...If it has a flathead...", so this's a question for rural/farm readers:

In the mid 30s a farm tractor was built using Chrysler Ind 6cyl eng, Dodge Truck 5-spd trans and Dodge Trk diff, named CO-OP and FARMERS UNION CO-OP. Prod stopped in 46/7, but others continued the same design, using the names Custom, Lehr, Wards,Jumbo, Simpsons Jumbo, Love, Friday, OMC, Norseman, Rockol, Regal into the mid-50s, mostly low-volume producers.

Someone built a few "badged" (named) "Chrysler", with chrome script "Chrysler" at the back of the hood and a small round medallion on the top of the nose. One exists in Yuma. AZ (pix available), one was seen last year in the midwest, and a possible third was parted out in 2001 or so. Please ask around your farm/farm eqpmt friends; if anyone has any recollections, has seen or heard of a "Chrysler" farm tractor (not just one using Chrysler Cptn running gear, and not the later Chrysler industrial/airport towmotors but a farm tractor named "Chrysler") please email Bud pitybud@msn.com (NE Portland.

Many thxx for any comments; will gladly answer any questions, and please accept my apologies for being kinda far-out..

Guest clueless

Steve, Reg and all: transferring pix are beyond my computer competence, but they can be seen on the smokstak.com site, in the "tractor talk" forum, under the 12-2 "crysler tractor" post by buster. They're at the end of the replies, #9; the administrator posted them for buster, putting them on my last post. For clearer pix of tractors basically the same, check ytmag.com or gasenginemagazine.com for Co-op (not the early flat-front but the later rounded-front)or Custom pix.

I hadn't run across the Worthington Chief before, probably 'cuz my tractor references were all on standard farm tractors, not covering the smaller units or any industrial units. My few parts catalogs (50 back) don't list it either. Many thxx for the notice and pix. Bud

Cockshutt Tractors in Canada used the 251 block for a while. A friend has one available still in the combine.

Pioneer Acres has a show here every year in which there are literally hundreds of tractors. I looked at most and did not see a Chrysler tractor

An example of the type of equipment on display

CrankingContinental.jpg