oil drip-several things

Lou Earle

Could be a pan gasket, but if it's a crankseal it's not really an in-car fix.

Why not? Can't get at the front pully on a car? I'd think if you pulled the radiator and supported the front of the engine with a hoist or jack, you could remove the dampner, front mount and timing chain cover for seal replacement. Rear crank seal would be another matter.

Just my 2 cents...

Merle

Shoot us some more info Lou. Drips when running, or when stopped? Have you drained your oil and refilled per the book capacity? What did the dipstick read when you filled it that way?

I always start with the cheap and simple stuff, like gently re-tightening the oilpan bolts.

I asm noticing a steady oil drip inthe front of engine- the didstick is different- is it possible I am puttiong 2 much oil in and it is dripping out the front when running?

or what? can this be a pan gasket issue or a crank seal issue that can be solved in the car?

Lou