2 bbl carb adaptor......stromberg $

claybill

i have been using a 2 bbl carb adaptor on my 218 test motor. with a stromberg WW carb. both excellent shape but i prefer the offy dual B&B set-up. i will offer both for sale ..reasonable.

i also have the intake manifold widened to allow for the larger flow..

anybody interested?

claybill

i cant seem to get the stromberg to idle down smoothly. although it has very good and crisp throttle response. the aluminum adaptor is professionally made and beautiful. it is noticeable that the stromberg is a bit quicker revving....but cant get it to idle right.

changed plugs...i sense a miss in the motor at this point too.

anyway i like the 'dual' look. carter b&b's are easy for me with all my parts etc.

anything else?

bill

Any idea on how much air the 2bbl flows? Does it have a CFM rating? I've been thinking about trying a Weber 32/36 but don't know if it will match up with the flat head very well or not.

you have to do some grnding on the intake opening to match up the adaptor.

i am using it on a 230, not a 218 as i mentioned in error.

the holley 94 does not match up to the bolt pattern of the adaptor, as i recall. the WW was recommended.

the adaptor seems to be machined to adapt to the flow pattern ..but you have to match it up with the intake hole.

bill

When deciding what size carb I needed I did some researching and found a formula for calculating the maximum size of carb to use based on engine size and some other data. I have one of the largest Holley 94's (1 1/16" venturi's) and it is on the border of almost being too big. Like you excellent throttle response but I have my idle screw backed off so that it just touches the stop. The idle is just a little above the tuning numbers. I might be able to slow the engine down a little with a change in idle jets but in my case the idle is only about 50 rpm high. For my adapter to the single barrel manifold I had a local machinist make it using gaskets as templates. Bobby Horne in his reply was worried about the restrictions. If there are no sharp corners or abrupt direction changes in the flow the net effect in a speeding up of the fuel/air mix through the narrow part of the adapter. I would think this would help with the mixing.