Thanks to Reg Evans

I bought a Tattersfield intake with carbs and linkage from him and it arrived today. Extremely nice condition, especially considering it's vintage. It's going to look like a million bucks when cleaned and polished. Thanks Reg, I'm quite pleased.

BTW, those "mystery" carburetors say FoMoCo on them. It'll be interesting to find out just what they came on originally. I like the fact that they have an external accelerator pump diaphragm and also an external power valve, in the fashion of Holley and Autolite 2 or 4 barrel carbs. Interesting. It should make tuning for maximum efficiency pretty easy. My boss guesses they may have come off of an early 144 or 170 inline Ford, such as from an early 60s Falcon. I may still end up using Ball & Ball's though, just because I like their funky looks. Either carbs will look great on this manifold and with a couple of velocity stacks though.... :cool: This is the most fun hot rod engine I've built for myself in ages, maybe ever. I can't wait to hear this little 230 talkin' through twin headers.

I should add that I think the price was very fair too. When someone offers me something nice at a fair price, I don't even quibble. It went to a good home Reg. And it'll be much appreciated by myself and other aficionados of real hot rods, not freakin' street rods! Just like my Corvette, the next owners of this car will be my heirs.

Glad you like it Chris.

Please post some photos when it's installed for us all to see.

We'll be taking some pictures of the engine mocked up as soon as I get this cleaned up. Everything else is about ready. I'll post them when that happens, within a week or two I'd think. Installation in the actual car is a long way away. I'll be starting serious chassis work as soon as I get some long-term customer projects out of the shop. The engine will be initially fitted into the chassis at that time. The place was seriously backed up when I started there in late January, but progress is now occurring, thank goodness. I've got some good help but could use a couple more. The best worker I have is an 18 year old, if you can believe that. He learns fast and works his ass off. I'd like to have some more from the breeding stock he came from. Great kid.

• 1 year later...

He sent me a good working vacuum advance unit and I installed it today. Works great! This is not the first time Reg has sent me something I needed. I am proud to have him as a friend!

When I paid him a visit a couple years back this is the best picture I got of him. This may be the best part of him but I wont go there.:D

re2.jpg

When I paid him a visit a couple years back this is the best picture I got of him. This may be the best part of him but I wont go there.:D

re2.jpg

Here's a better photo of me finishing up that shine you brought Don.

I've never been quite the same since that straw started suckin up air from the bottom of the jar.

Hey....glad the V.A. worked for your Blue Streak.

shine2.jpg