Show in Irwindale today

Normspeed

Mooneyes Christmas Party. I was there at 7:30 for a show that started at 9and already a line out onto the main road. What a show. Nostalgia 1/8 mile drags, from gassers to old funny cars. Live Rockabilly music, vendors, artists, car show. I am awestruck. It was a sea of tattoos blue jeans and black tee-shirts, including mine. Black Tee shirt that is. Darin, Mackster, Mikemaker, Robert, were you there?

I took a lot of pics and will post the better ones on photosite or photobucket. Anyone know the limits on the free service at photobucket?

Mooneyes Christmas Party. I was there at 7:30 for a show that started at 9and already a line out onto the main road. What a show. Nostalgia 1/8 mile drags, from gassers to old funny cars. Live Rockabilly music, vendors, artists, car show. I am awestruck. It was a sea of tattoos blue jeans and black tee-shirts, including mine. Black Tee shirt that is. Darin, Mackster, Mikemaker, Robert, were you there?

I took a lot of pics and will post the better ones on photosite or photobucket. Anyone know the limits on the free service at photobucket?

Norm...I was going to go, but my P15 was still in the shop by Saturday morning and I wanted to stick around so I could pick it up and have it for the rest of the weekend.

I heard the show was great. I was afraid that if I had taken my car there that it would have been lost amongst the "chopped up old iron," as you put it (and I agree). Were there any original, stock cars there, just as well? I like the shows, but it bothers me to see the cars all chopped. It's like walking through a classic auto slaughter house, especially if the chop is not done right and the car is totally butchered.

Yeah, but everyone has their own idea of their perfect car. That's why we get so darned attached to them. In the photo link I posted, there are 4 pages of pics and hidden in there are several original or near original Walter P. Chrysler products in their survivor glory, from 20's to 50's. There are 4 pics of a gorgeous 1922 Dodge restored truck. And also a few of those sadder but wiser cars that took a different turn in the road but are still being driven....a lot.:D

I need to note that other than some nostalgia drag cars, everything at that show was driven in, and some from quite a distance.

Hey Darin, stop by and kick some tires some time.

Here's the link again. Some really unusual stuff,

http://s95.photobucket.com/albums/l144/nhcarter1/Mooneyes%202006/

Yeah, but everyone has their own idea of their perfect car. That's why we get so darned attached to them. In the photo link I posted, there are 4 pages of pics and hidden in there are several original or near original Walter P. Chrysler products in their survivor glory, from 20's to 50's. There are 4 pics of a gorgeous 1922 Dodge restored truck. And also a few of those sadder but wiser cars that took a different turn in the road but are still being driven....a lot.:D

I need to note that other than some nostalgia drag cars, everything at that show was driven in, and some from quite a distance.

Hey Darin, stop by and kick some tires some time.

Here's the link again. Some really unusual stuff,

http://s95.photobucket.com/albums/l144/nhcarter1/Mooneyes%202006/

Norm...I just looked at your pics and I did see some "non-butchered" ones. My impression was that it was going to be some greasy kids stuff, rockabilly, lead sled car show where there would be a bunch of messed up chopped cars and young guys starting trouble and blowing your ear drums withn their glass packs...etc. I still was going to go, but had that brewing in the back of my mind. Anyway, I heard that it turned out to be almost the opposite. I definately will make the next one. I'm even thinking of going to Viva Las Vegas this next spring, but need to make sure that the car will make the trip. I mean, that's all freeway until you get close to state line and then you can jump on the old two-lane highway and I say that because I don't think I can take that car up to freeway speeds right now until I split the manifold and maybe put a different rear end on it.

Yeah, now that the car is running better and I have all new brakes, I can make it over there. I'll send you an email.

Darin

You are right, there was plenty of Non-Butchered cars out there, It seemed as you could have spent the day looking at what you where into. Iam into all of the above but I went everywhere! I recommend the show to people out side L.A. Riv. and SBDO. Counties. It was quite a turn out, I just heard they were turning down people at the door at around noon. MKSTR!:cool:

Nice pics Dennis. That green 41 Ford sure is purty.

I'm gonna miss driving my P24 for the holidays. It's ready and willing to tow my teardrop to New Mexico to see the inlaws and outlaws but this trip I'm taking my 18 foot boat and my Hemi project motor out to live at my son's house, so I'll be driving the good old Bronco. I hope to take the Plymouth and the tear out there for a fishing trip in May.