Fuel sending unit for Fireball1.

Lou Earle

Traced the problem of gas gage to the sending unit- anyone know where I can get one or a replacement 50 Plymouth single wire?

Why named my 50 Fastback Fireball 1-

1-The paint is Nason Fireball red-

2The car is now Fireball red

3-In 1950 The year of the First Southern 500 at Darlington speedway was run (expected a crowd of 5,000 fans-25,000 showed up-) and won by Johnny Mantz in Guess what- A 1950 Plymouth fastback!! He won because he ran truck tires and had very few blowouts on the track. The Lincoln in the race has 21 blowouts in 2200 miles and dropped out.

The original car is on display at Darlington speedway.

The above information from article by Smokey Yunick in Hot Rod September 90 issue

S6300027.jpg[/img]

Try J.C.Whitney. They have one that can be modified to fit and is reasonable at under $20. If you would like, send me your e-mail address and I will send you a copy of a recent article that I wrote showing how to do the modification.

Do you have the part number or something for this? I tried to find a sender on JCW the other day and they demanded a (modern) car first, and when I guessed (old Jeep) it told me the price was $70-something

-- Tom

Bob

Tim Adams and I concluded - just like u that the jcw one u posted would work with mods- is you can pleas e mail me the info- my email is in-my profile

thanks

Lou

PS

jcw also a a generic door seal for about a $1.15 a foot vs 3 bucks plus for steele rubber- it works just fine I just ordered another 75 feet of it to do some doors on my black and silver 48 4 door

Lou

• 2 years later...

Why named my 50 Fastback Fireball 1-

1-The paint is Nason Fireball red-

2The car is now Fireball red

3-In 1950 The year of the First Southern 500 at Darlington speedway was run (expected a crowd of 5,000 fans-25,000 showed up-) and won by Johnny Mantz in Guess what- A 1950 Plymouth fastback!! He won because he ran truck tires and had very few blowouts on the track. The Lincoln in the race has 21 blowouts in 2200 miles and dropped out.

The original car is on display at Darlington speedway.

The above information from article by Smokey Yunick in Hot Rod September 90 issue

....Interesting history of the Darlington Southern 500 - 1950

Lou, I used an add on gauge on my 48 from Speedway and used their generic fuel sender which is a one wire and fit my tank. I think you could just order from Speedway, you have to adjust the arm length and swing to fit your tank. Took me about one hour to disconnect and remove the old sender, install the new one, run the new wire and install the under dash add on gauge.