16 degrees here in the Boro this morning

Don Coatney

I parked my car outside for the past week so Lisa could park her car in the garage. I tried to start my car this morning and it does not want to go. Plenty of battery and it turns over well. I do have fuel to the carburetors. I will go pull and clean the plugs and see if that helps.

Don, I am not sure of your usual climate in that part of TN, but if that is a sudden and unusual temp change, you may have some fuel system icing. We get that a lot up here with our temp. swings (last thursday was 52 deg., overnight it went to zero!). Add some methanol/gas line anytifreeze 2 or 3 oz. should do it.

Of course if you are running gasohol, forget my idea....:)

45 Fahrenheit this morning at my house in "the South Bay" (a.k.a. Silicon Valley). A bit warmer than the 35 and 36 Fahrenheit lows we have had for the last week. But it means that clouds are moving in and we should have some rain soon.

So I get to decide whether or not to chance walking to work today. If I guess wrong about when the rain starts it will be a wet 2+ mile walk tonight.

If you want freezing weather around here you pretty much have to go up into the mountains.

I remember from my New Jersey days that folks would keep a can of ether starting fluid in the car for cold mornings. Don, how did those plugs look, are they running cleaner with the stacked air filters you installed?

Norm;

I dont like to use ether as it puts me to sleep.

Today was the first time I have pulled the plugs in months. The plugs I removed today were wet as I suspected. The stacked air cleaners do work well as I have had no fouling after I did that. I do think I will evolve to K&N filters. Might have to ask Santa for a pair. Er what I ment to say was a pair of filters.