53-54 subtle design changes

Normspeed

Norm, guess the point of that car is - after you been in that cocktail lounge for several hours, you won't know if you're coming or going anyway. Or, you might think you are seeing things. I certainly would not mind having those wire wheels.

Norm,

I have a buddy that needs a Belvedere steering wheel. Do you think

this guy would have an extra?

I would like to see how he worked out that dual door hinge assembly --

(where you can get in either from the front or the front).

-Bill Davis

Back in the mid-eighties I saw a double-ended '51 Plymouth at an Americana museum near Rapid City, South Dakota. The owner told me they built the car in 1965 as an advertising vehicle but the highway patrol ordered it off the road because it was too confusing for motorists.

This should be a picture of it. We stopped at that same museum. They had a tucker there too. I believe it was in Murdo SD. Ok and now that I read my own pic I am right haha. Ed

P6280006.jpg

You can say that again. Mine is quite the project. Dads 51 conv is totally restored. He's only had it 40 years. Wish we'd had a camera with tonight. Could have taken a picture in front of dads old high school in the spot where he used to park.