Rim color ideas

Reg Evans

Reg,

I am close to getting my rims back from the paintshop.

My P15 is Cruiser Maroon, the rims will be a sandy/yellow color that will be alos use in the interior (windows, dash etc).

I will use babymoons and will have new (small) whitewall tires.

Will post pics when I have the rims back on of course.

Like some people say here: it doesn't matter what others like, it is your car !

Having said that I always listen to arguments first before deciding what to do.

John

I'll be of no help here. I like them both!!!! My wheels are 16" so full wheel covers are out of the question on my 42. Upon striping the latest paint off my rims I could tell that the rims were black with 3 pin stripes originally so I went that.

BusinessC, Can you post some more photos of your car for us to see? How about a profile too.

Mornin Claybill, Well....I went with black and will install the stock button caps and beauty rings. If the son in law would get his darn ford off my rack I'd have these installed by now. Guess I'll have to go back to the old way of changing tires cause the son in law is waiting for some parts and his Expedition is all apart in my lift bay. :mad: Darn kids ( he's only 48)MVC-020S.jpg

Black would do the job.

Regg Keep that darn camper off that beauty.Sure looks good on my background.

OK Nelson....black it is!!!!!

J Lo finally got her new powder coated rims and big 750/16 tires installed.

The old tires were 28" tall and these new ones are 31" tall. Who needs 3.54 gears with these tires????? No trim rings yet. Kinda like the plain look for now. HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!!!MVC-021S.jpg

That thing is almost far enough off of the ground to just roll under it on a creeper! Quite a difference from my car, which has 15" 60 series tires on it!

Marty

Yeah......I need the clearance around these parts. ;)

My current rims are black (happened to be that color when I bought them...the tires were already mounted on them). 7.10x15s.

4f1456b7.jpg

For a while, just used the hub cap only.....no trim rings. Not too bad either.

IM003915.jpg

New reproduction 16 inch trim rings are fairly easy to find.